Alphabet Boy

Summary: Gerard's so creative sometimes it's creepy.

---------------

Gerard wants it to be grand. He wanted it to be so big and creative that Frankie will definitely give him the biggest hug, and if Gerard is lucky, maybe he will kiss him in his cheeks. He's still not sure if the latter will happen because they're only friends, but maybe after Gerard confesses his love to him using all the resources and stuff he'll give to him, Frank might kiss him. So Gerard remains hopeful.

He actually planned his love confession very well. He saved some money and even his weekly allowance so he can buy all the nice stuff he can get for his Frankie. And he planned to give it to him on Valentine's Day, which is also a nice time to confess his love, because everyone seems to be in love.

But since it's Gerard - this little kid who adores cute stuff and all things that are sweet, nice and colourful, he accidentally spent all the money he saved buying all the said things in just one day. This happened five days before Valentines when he was happily strolling in the mall with his little brother, Mikey. Gerard saw this new and very cute store filled with pink clothings, stuffies and sweets. And without thinking twice, he went inside and bought himself a pair of pastel pink socks, a small kitty key-chain and some lollipops and chocolate bars. After going to this shop, he dragged Mikey at this art shop where Gerard got himself a new box of crayons, oil pastels, and a new notebook with cat illustrations as its design at every page.

And it was too late for Gerard to realize that he just spent all his money - the money he's supposed to spend getting all what Frankie likes - like the books he mentioned that he wanted to read, some CD's and a Frankenstein plastic mask.

So now, Gerard has only four days to think how he can still make his planned confession work. He tried to ask for extra money from his mom, even promising her that he'll wash the dishes for a whole week. But his mom refuses, telling him that she just gave him his allowance and that there's no way he'll give him money.

And so he went to Mikey.

"Mikey?" Gerard calls him as he sat down on his little brother's bed. His brother is busy answering his workbook assignment.

"I don't have money, Gee," Mikey says flatly, not even looking at his big brother. He already tried to stop Gerard from buying all those cute things because he knows he's planning something for Valentines, but his big brother didn't listen to him.

"Please? I just need to get Frankie a gift for Valentine's Day," Gerard pleaded.

"It's your own fault for buying all those stuff yesterday," Mikey answers, this time turning his head to look at his brother. "Maybe you can save some of those lollipops and chocolates and give it to Frank this Valentine's Day."

What Mikey suggested is actually a good and logical answer to his problem. Unfortunately for Gerard, all the candies and chocolates that he bought yesterday are now gone. You see, he brought all the sweets he got himself today at school and he already shared it all to Frankie.

And Gerard can't help but giggle whenever he remembers what happened today at school. When it was their lunch time, he sat down beside Frankie and put his two swirl lollipops and five chocolate bars out from his bag. Frankie looked at him, a curious frown formed in his face.

"These are for you, Frankie," Gerard says shyly as he pushes the sweets to Frankie.

"For me?" Frankie still asks, grabbing one lollipop. It's a blue and red swirl pop.

Gerard nodded, giving him a tiny smile. "Yes, those are for you... I got them yesterday. We went to this cute store and there are so many pink and adorable and sweet stuff around and I can't help but to buy a lot!"