Chocolate

Summary: Three goddamn words that seem so hard to say back.

A/N: DD/LB Chapter.

---------------

It happened not once, not even twice, but so many times that Gerard loses count of.

At first, Gerard didn't think that it's a bad thing and he was sure that it doesn't bother him at all. Maybe his daddy just forgot to say it back because he had expressed that it was a very long and stressful day at his office and that he was tired.

And Gerard remembers the scene like it only happened yesterday...

"I love you!" Gerard giggles happily as Frank wipes the mess in his baby boy's cheeks.

"Hmmm," Frank hummed before he smiled, trying his best to look happy for his baby boy. "There! It's clean," Frank says before he resumed eating his spaghetti and veggie meatballs.

Gerard blinked, a tiny pout forming in his lips. When the words he's waiting for didn't come, he resumed eating his dinner. Frank would often steal glances to his baby boy, but he's unaware that Gerard's a little hurt.

Then it happened a few days later again...

"Oh my god! I love you, daddy!" Gerard exclaims as he wrapped his arms around Frank. Gerard's so happy because Frank bought him a new stuffie – a teddy bear this time.

"So do you like it?" Frank asks as Gerard pulls away from him.

"Yes daddy! I love it! I'll take care of him, I swear!" Gerard says, this time, hugging the teddy bear. "Thank you! I love you so much!"

Frank ruffles his baby boy's unruly hair before he pulls his tie loose and drops it down the floor. It was a long day at work and Frank is very tired. But when he saw this adorable teddy bear at the store window near his office building, he can't help but to buy it for his Gerard. "I'm so glad you love it, my baby," Frank remarks, unbuttoning his shirt and then head on to the bathroom to take a shower.

Gerard freeze on that spot, watching as his daddy undresses and went to the bathroom without looking back at him. Gerard then raises an eyebrow and he's a little bit hurt again because Frank forgot to say those words back to him again.

Then a few days ago when they're about to sleep, or not...

They're cuddling under the sheets and Gerard can't stop giggling as his daddy presses gentle kisses on his cheeks and then licking Gerard's earlobe.

"Daddy! It tickles!" Gerard pouts, stealing a quick kiss to his daddy's lips. But Frank only smiled back and then presses his lips again to Gerard's, and this time, kissing him eagerly. And slowly, Frank's lips starts to make a trail of wet kisses, going down to his neck and Gerard shivered with lust and excitement, his arousal increasing.

"Ah, daddy," Gerard mewled, but Frank have no plans to stop sucking bruises to his baby's pale skin. Frank's left hand also starts to travel down, slipping inside his baby boy's shirt. And his daddy's touch felt so warm against the soft skin of his tummy. "I love you, daddy..."

But Frank appears to not hear what Gerard just said, as he just resumes kissing him, his playful hands now pushing Gerard's shirt up, slowly undressing him.

Gerard tried not to show how hurt he was that Frank didn't say it back, again. But it was hard to actually contemplate and be grumpy about it, not when he's watching his daddy as he pulls his shirt up, his eyes focused on the gorgeous ink in his skin. And then his strong, tattooed hand slowly travelling down and then pulling down his pyjama pants and tossing it at the edge of their bed.