If Not Now, When?

Summary: Mikey snorts, eyeing his brother with unabashed amusement. "Worst. Proposal. Ever."

"Fuck you," Frank replies.

(Or three times Frank proposed and Gerard said no and one time Gerard finally said yes.)

--------------

Introduction:

Frank and Gerard are in a relationship for almost six years. And it wasn't unusual for the two of them to receive inquiries when are they going to tie the knot. It doesn't really bother either of them and they dismiss each question with a laugh (or an adorable honk from Gerard because he cannot help it), and simply replying to them all that only time will tell.

But there's one moment that got stuck in Frank's mind and that's when he knew that he's ready to settle down and he wants Gerard to be in his life forever.

"I want you to be happy, Frankie," his mom suddenly tells him and Frank's jaw almost drops before he furrows his eyebrows, looking at his mother sharply because he doesn't know what his mother is pointing out. They're having a normal family dinner at her mother's house and Gerard is happily chatting and making faces with his 5-year old cousin, Elizabeth. Now he's pretending that he's a spaghetti monster to Elizabeth, and Frank can't help but to smile. Gerard is really good with kids and he suddenly imagines them settling down in a house, taking care of their son or daughter, and also with a dog or two running around. That thought brought some warmth in his body and his heart start to beat loudly against his chest. He can't believe that after being with Gerard for so many years, he's falling in love all over again with him and it's crazy.

"But I'm happy, mom," Frank says at once when he shifts his look back to his mother. His mother reaches out and touches his arm.

"I think you know what I'm actually talking about," his mother tells him with a smile. Frank looks at his boyfriend again. Gerard caught him looking and he smiles brightly at him and there's a spaghetti sauce in the corner of his mouth and Frank's dying to wipe it and oh good lord, Frank wants to marry that adorable dork.

And Frank do knows that is what his mother is pointing at.

And then this happened:

A few days later, Frank bought an engagement ring. It's very simple but it's platinum and looks like more of a wedding ring than an engagement ring, but he doesn't think Gerard will appreciate a ring with a huge diamond stone, though Frank is very willing to get him one if he wants even if it will totally empties his bank account. He will even give Gerard the moon or some limited edition Star Wars memorabilia if he asks. That's just how much he loves that guy.

But even if Frank, according to Gerard, is the perfect boyfriend anyone can have, he can't be perfect at all time. There's actually one flaw in him and that is his sense of timing.

Again, and it is very worth repeating that Frank is really worst with his sense of timing and oh, being bad at keeping secrets.

-3-

The band stopped at a nearby breakfast diner in the middle of afternoon when Mikey suddenly craves for pancakes swimming in maple syrup. And when Mikey craves for something, they just had to give it to him or else they will see blood.

Mikey is happily drowning himself with his pancakes while Ray is enjoying his bacon, scramble eggs and waffles. Gerard appears satisfied with his coffee while Frank is fine with his OJ and salad (why the greasy breakfast diner offers a very fancy vegetable salad, no one really knows and no one dares to ask).

"Did you hear Patrick got married last weekend?" Ray suddenly says to fill in the silence.

"Yup. It's all over the internet and tabloids," Mikey answers and then he took a sip from his coffee mug. "No, wait. I think Pete already mentioned to me before about Patrick getting married, I just didn't thought that it will be soon."