Boys Keep Swinging

Summary: They don't know how to dance.

--------------- 

"You're kidding, right?" Frank says worriedly, shaking his head ever so slow. "Jamia, please... No... You're just fucking with me, right? Right?"

Jamia stared at Frank with disgust before rolling her eyes. "No, I'm not. It's not my fault that you missed our meeting yesterday when we divided the project tasks. And whether you like it or not, you are assigned to provide entertainment at the intermission of our group presentation and that will be in the form of a dance," she says without stopping and in a matter-of-factly tone.

"The fuck?!!" Frank eyes went huge with surprised, mingled with annoyance as he realized that this is his fate – that he will have to dance for their group project. He feels he's about to get a headache. "But Jamia, I don't know how to dance," Frank pleaded his case firmly, crossing his arms.

"There's nothing you can do. And besides, you still have five days to learn, Frankie. I have hope in you," Jamia says, looking very oddly pleased. Hope? Frank mentally snorted. He is convinced that his friend is a witch.

"Uhm... I... I d-don't know h-how to d-dance too, Jamia," a familiar voice says shakily. Both Jamia and Frank looked at the guy who's standing awkwardly just a few steps behind them. And it's weird that Frank didn't notice him coming.

Yep. Him. That guy who always wears this cute hairpin at the right side of his hair and Frank finds him adorable ever since he laid his eyes on him.

"Hi, Gerard! I'm very sorry," Jamia apologizes and she truly sounds earnest which made Frank raised an eyebrow, also pissed because Jamia is never nice to him. "If only you attend our group meeting yesterday, then you can pick your own part in our presentation. By the way, why were you not here yesterday?"

Gerard bit his lower lip before he looked at Jamia, looking ever so shy and it takes all Frank's strength to stop himself from wrapping his arms around him. "Uhm, I was working on the art room's mural yesterday..." Gerard replies, looking shyly to Jamia, then to Frank, and then back to Jamia. "And when I r-remember about our group m-meeting, I was already three hours late... But! But I went here to check if you're all still here but the room's already empty and I figured that maybe you already left..."

"Oh Gerard," Jamia grabbed Gerard's soft hands and squeezed it. Frank felt a little pang of jealously because he should be the one holding Gerard's hands. "I'm very sorry. But rules are rules and since you didn't attend our meeting, you will get the dance part."

"But Jamia..." Gerard pouts his lips and tilts his head, thinking. "Okay... I guess there's n-nothing I can do..."

"And I'm really sorry again because you're gonna be stuck with Frankie here," Jamia added dejectedly, putting her hand on her hips.

"Hey!" Frank spats and Gerard looked at him with those pretty, hazel eyes that never fail to melt Frank's heart.

This time, Jamia just gave Frankie a smile – a knowing smile. "So, I'm gonna leave now... Good luck and I hope you can come up with something nice for your part. I believe a minute-long dance is enough. And oh, choose anything that's popular nowadays. Let me know the progress, okay?"

Frank made a low, guttural sound while Gerard gave a shy nod.

"We'll try to do our b-best..." Gerard mutters. Jamia patted his shoulder and gave Frank the same, knowing smile before she left.

"So..." Frank started to bounce up and down on his toes. "Perhaps we shall start to think what we should do for our presentation? I still have forty minutes before my band practice, how about you? Do you have something else to attend to? Shall we just set up another time to meet?"