Open Relationship - Chapter 6

This one's amazingly short, but I'm really sick and wanted to update something...sooo, here you goooo, and enjoy! :D

Socially Inept will be up next, and then Doors! 

I put this song on cause I saw Breaking Dawn Part 1 last night for teh midnight showing...and now this song is stuck in my head, lol. It really has nothing to do with this chapter...I'll probably post it again for a different story when it actually makes more sense...lol

___________________________________________________________________________

James

“So, he didn’t stay the night then?” Hollis asked, seeming unimpressed.

“No, I told him I needed to get some sleep.” I answered, biting into my apple. The night had gone by smoothly, but after everything I felt I needed to not be around him. It was easier to think that way.

“That’s ridiculous.” Hollis grunted. “I would’ve gotten some.”

“I’m trying to win him over with my personality, not just sex.” I argued and Hollis shrugged.

“How do you think it’s going then?”

“It’s too soon to tell.” I groaned. “I can’t tell what he’s thinking. He’s all over the place, but I can tell he’s very serious about staying with Mae. I’m going to have to up my game.”

“I love how you’re turning this into a challenge.” Hollis laughed.

“Well, that’s basically what it’s become!” I snapped. “Besides, you started this.”

“Moi?” Hollis asked, innocently but I saw the smile creeping onto her lips. My phone started to buzz on the table and I looked down to see Wes’s number pop up.

“Hello?”

“Hey, can you come in now? I need some help with the shipment that just came in.”

“Sure, I’m on my way.” I clicked the phone closed and looked back to Hollis who cocked a brow inquisitively. “I’m going to the club to help Wes. Have fun at the station.” I grabbed my work clothes and purse before heading out.

When I got to the club we started unloading to the sound of his iPod playing over the speaker system. We didn’t speak at first; I had a feeling he was upset with me for going out with Noah last night.

“Wes…” I started and he held a hand up as he dropped another box of liquor on the bar.

“I don’t want to know about whatever his name is. Unless he’s serious about you and leaves that other girl, then he’s not worth your time. I’ve told you what I thought.” His tone was clipped and I gulped. He really sounded angry about everything. He started unloading the bottles into the fridges and I bit my lip.

“But what if Hollis is right?” I offered. “What if by not trying, I’m losing the one opportunity I’ve been waiting for?” Wes’s shoulders slumped and he turned back to me, leaning on the bar.

“You’re my sister, so when I tell you this…you have to never repeat it ever again.” I nodded and sat on a stool. “You are beautiful, and there are a ton of guys who I know want a chance with you. To settle on someone who isn’t putting you first is a step down for you. You deserve better, and you can get better.” He pinched my arm teasingly. “I don’t want you to think that this is all that’s out there for you.”

“I thought you were mad at me.” I admitted, sheepishly. Wes chuckled and shook his head.

“I’m not mad at you. I just wish you’d make better choices.”

“You mean your choices.”

“Exactly. Better.” He flicked my nose and turned back to packing the fridge. I jumped off my stool and went to help him, pulling him in a tight hug first.

“Thank you.” I murmured.

“Mmhmm…” He mumbled back.

I was working the bar that night, glad that Abby was here so that I didn’t have to help on the floor. It was busy and loud, strange for a Sunday night. I had so many tips after only an hour in and Wes joined me behind the bar once he saw I needed help.

“Hey there,” I heard a smooth voice and looked to see a very attractive man take a seat right in front of me.

“Hey, what can I get you?”

“Beer on tap, surprise me.” He answered and I nodded. I slid him his beer and he winked. “You’re a pretty one, I’m glad I let my friends talk me into coming here.”

“Friends?” I asked, looking at the empty seats beside him. He laughed.

“You know, Jack and Joe.” He pointed to the two empty seats beside him and I felt my eyes widen. Oh great…a crazy. “I’m just kidding!” He said at my reaction. “No, they’re meeting me here in a little bit.”

“Oh…” I let out a relieved sigh. I started on the other drinks coming my way when I noticed he was staring. “Do you need something?” I asked and he shrugged.

“That depends on how available you are.”

“Huh?” I asked.                             

“Well, a guy would have to be an idiot to not notice how beautiful you are. Maybe you and I could go out sometime?” I hesitated, thinking of Noah. “Unless you’re already taken?”

“No, she’s not.” I heard Wes from behind me. “You two should go out, right James?” I stepped on Wes’s toe angrily and scowled at him. “Ow,” he gasped before limping away.

“Boss?”

“And brother,” I added. The guy winced and I nodded with a laugh.

“My name’s Landon, and you’re James?” I nodded again. “I’ve never heard of a girl with the name James, I like it.”

“Don’t you dare call me Jamie.” I warned him and he laughed.

“So what do you say James, would you like to go on a date with me?” I blinked for a moment before seriously considering it. I mean…it’s true that I wasn’t in a real relationship at the moment. Why the hell was I thinking of what Noah would think? It’s not like he cared about me like that…what would it hurt, really? Plus, this guy was really, really attractive. Why on earth would I turn this down?

“Sure,” I smiled. “Let’s hope you’re not some psycho though.” I laughed and he joined.

“Yes…let’s hope.” He grinned and I couldn’t help but blush. I turned away from him and I felt Wes poke me. I glanced at him and he was smirking. I narrowed my eyes and poked him back, hard.

“Shut up.” I snapped at him. But I couldn’t get that smile off my face…

__________________________________________________________

So...what do you guys think of Landon?? Hmm??? I like Landon. :D

Btw...I hope you guys aren't thinking this will be like my other stories. I'm aiming to make this one a lot more realistic than others, so be expecting strange twists and turns like normal love life's tend to have, lol. 

Please vote and comment! Socially Inept will be up next, then Doors! 

Facebook page in external link ---->