Chapter Fourteen

Sitting in Madame Poppy's C&A class the following hour was completely different then the other days. Starting with all the tables were pushed to the side to make room for probably dancing. Madame Poppy was happier than normal as we all stood against to wall completely confused as to whats going on. Lexi stood next to me whispering that she hopes she gets to be paired up with Powers while Kat was nervous about stepping on her partner's toes. Jo and I just rolled our eyes at them and agreed that we would rather be partnered with each other then with any Blackthorn boy.

"Hey Gallagher." Alex said standing next to me.

"Speak of the devil." I mumbled to the girls making them giggle.

"Aw were you talking about me? I'm so flattered." Alex said putting his hands to his chest like what a twelve year old girl would do having a crush for the first time.

"You shouldn't. We were talking smack about you." I said. Alex scoffed and shook his head.

"Of course you were." Alex sighed.

"How your jaw by the way? I've been told I punch hard enough to break them sometimes." I asked.

"Well you didn't, sorry about that. It's just bruised."

"You should have punched harder, Zags." Jo teased playfully hitting my arm. I let out a light laugh and nodded in agreement as Madame Poppy said that she will be needing a volunteer. Since no one volunteered, and Alex was standing in front of me, I pushed Alex forward.

"Ah yes! Thank you for volunteering Mr Johnson. So today, ladies and gentlemen, we will be learning how to waltz." Almost immediately after Madame Poppy said this, Alex groaned and Jo gave me a fist bump as the other three Blackthorn students tried not to laugh at him. "Now, Mr Johnson put your hand on my waist–"

"On your what?"

"My waist, Mr Johnson." Alex rolled his eyes but did as so. I joined in on the Blackthorn boys trying not to laugh. "Now everyone, partner up. Ladies you may need to partner up with another lady."

"Hey Johanna, do you wanna partner up?" Nick asked Jo with a smirk.

"Sorry, I'm already partnered with Z. Plus I believe your little fan club has a line waiting for you to choose." Jo said taking my arm and pulling me out into the middle of the room by where Kat and Skip were standing. Madame Poppy instructed us to stand like how Alex and her were positioned which caused some debate between a few pairs of girls. When I was spun around and faced Alex he glared at me then shook his head.

-

I sat on the stairs that evening while Dad and Mom were talking and waiting for the Blackthorn boys to get done eating dinner so they can head back. After a while, Jo came from upstairs and sat next to me.

"No dinner for you tonight?" Jo asked putting her head in her hands. I nodded. The boys from Blackthorn left the Grand Hall and made their way outside without taking a single notice that Jo or myself was sitting on the stairs watching. Mom finally said bye to dad and walked back into the Grand Hall and Dad waved bye to us before he made his way outside.

"Do you ever think we'll get to see where Blackthorn calls home?" I asked leaning my head against the railing as girls started heading back to their rooms. Lexi and Kat joined us on the stairs.

"I bet they call home in some abandoned mall that is actually really nice on the inside." Lexi said adding in her two sense.

"When you first got in to Gallagher you thought the same thing."

"So? Nothing wrong with it. One day something will be an abandoned mall that's really nice on the inside." I rolled my eyes and stood up walking past the girls up to our room.