Meeting Bella

Kim's P.O.V

"Kim, how many times? I'm fine!" Liam reassured as I lead him towards the sofa.

"Liam, you're going to be out of the league for 5 weeks! So you're obviously not that fine!" I said, Liam grunted as he dropped back onto the sofa. I switched on the T.V and handed him the remote. "I'm thinking about taking time off work too, so that I can look after you?" Liam tutted.

"Kim, you are seriously blowing things out of proportion now" Liam told me. I sighed

"I'm sorry but Liam I can't bare to watch you like this"

"I'm going to be back on my feet before you know it" 

"I sure hope so" I said, walking off towards the kitchen. 

BRING BRING BRING 

"Oh babe it's Josh! I'll put him on loud speaker" 

"Ok!" I shouted from the kitchen. I heard them talk to eachother faintly as I brought Liam's drink into the living room. I placed it on the glass table before hovering over the phone.

"What? Josh, you want to bring your girlfriend here now?"

"Yeah, why is it not a good time?"

"Josh, have you not been listening to the news?" I asked

"No why?"

"Your brother has got a broken leg from today's game!"

"What?! Seriously?!"      I scoffed. 

"Yeah! Where have you been all day?"    Liam chuckled.

"I reckon I could hazard a guess"     I sighed. 

"I'm sorry Josh but your brother is in no fit state for company right now, maybe in a month or two"

"How about a second or two?" Josh said with a nervous chuckle. We suddenly heard a chirpy knock at the door. 

"What the-?"

"Josh, please don't tell me you've brought her here thinking that we were going to be free-"

"Love you!" Josh laughed before putting the phone down. I sighed. 

"Babe, I can get rid of them if you want?"

"Nah, it's fine I mean it won't be the best first impression on his new girlfriend"

"And you know we're all about the first impressions" I commented, breaking out in laughter as we recalled the first time we'd met eachother - frying pan in hand and an island between us. I walked over and opened the front door where I could see Josh and a very pretty young girl standing on the other side of the glass door. 

"Kim!" Josh gave me a large bear hug and turned around to face his girlfriend. "Kim, meet Bella. Bella,  meet Kim" I stretched out my hand politely only for Bella to yank me forwards into her open arms. She immediately pulled away. 

"Sorry...I'm a hugger" She laughed. I nodded understandingly before stepping back slightly. 

"Well it's very nice to meet you Bella. Please, come through and meet my husband, he's right through there" I said, gesturing towards the living room. Bella nodded politely before following my direction and walking hand in hand with Josh towards Liam. 

"Oh hey, so you must be Josh's new 'friend'" Liam said, trying to stand up and extend his hand. Josh gave him a dirty look since Liam had decided to place emphasis on the 'friend' part. I couldn't help but snigger at his immaturity.

"Please...don't try to stand sir" Bella said. Liam nodded.

"Aren't you just the cutest thing" He said laughing. I sat down next to Liam and Josh decided to sit on the sofa perpendicular to the ours and nervously laughed. 

"So...what's for lunch Kim?"Josh asked me

"E-Erm well, we've only just got home ourselves Josh" I told him. Before it got awkward Bella sat forward.

"You have a stunning home Kim" She admired, I smiled and looked around at the open plan rather modern house.

"Thank you" I replied. 

"Why don't you make some sandwiches and then we can eat them outside on the patio Kim? It's a lovely day"     I nodded

"Ok"     Bella stood up.

"I'll come help you" She volunteered.

***********

"Lunch is on the table!" I called to Liam and Josh. Josh handed Liam his crutches before walking through the french doors to the patio. "Just grab that jug of water there Bella and you can head out too" I said, pointing the tray on the island with the glasses and jug. Bella slowly lifted the tray.

"So have you and Liam been together long?" Bella abruptly asked, I frowned at her in confusion.

"Excuse me?" 

"S-sorry I just meant, you two make a lovely couple" I laughed

"Yeah I guess, when he can stop behaving like a child" I joked. 

"Were you two eachother's first girlfriend and boyfriend?" Bella abruptly asked again. I turned around fully to face her.

"Erm...why?" I asked. Bella shook her head.

"No reason" She laughed lightly before walking away with the drinks tray.