Final Song

Final Song

"Hey, I'm going." I said to them after getting my luggage in the counter.

"Are you really okay by yourself?" Carlo asks. "If you want I could tag along."

"Nah. I'm fine. Bloom gave me the address." Sabi ko sa kanya.

"Are you sure?" tanong muli ni Carlo.

Nagnod ako.

"Let him be." Sabi ni Arthur kay Carlo. "They haven't seen each other for a year. Let's give them time together." Medyo malungkot yung epression ni Carlo at ganun din si Arthur.

"But don't be late tonight." Cyrus said.

"Yeah."

Nagsmile ako sa kanila at nagpaalam. Lumabas ako ng airport. So this is London? I breathe and feel the air. So this is the air you breathe here. I smile and took a cab. I hand a paper to the driver and told him to send me there. The paper contains the address where I could find Abi. It's been a year since she left. It so painful and days felt like hell I feel like dying but I have to be strong because I promise her that no matter what happen I'll keep moving forward. I wonder if what that place looks like. Is she comfortable there? Does she like it? Is she happy? I'm too excited to ask her. But it'll be great if she could answer all of it.

Two days ago I receive a mail from Bloom, Abi's cousin. The email was short but it made my heart pound. It's been a long time since the last time I heard the beating of my heart. She said she was sorry and it was Abi's wished not to tell me anything. About Abi's whereabouts.. She even attached a map about the exact location of her place.

My heart is pounding as we get closer to the place. I'm excited and at the same time feel pain. It's been a year and finally I could face her. I have so many questions like why she cut all ties. Why didn't she say anything about what happened? Why didn't she says her goodbye but right now none of it would matter. All I want is to tell her I love her.

"Sir. We're here." The driver said. I was snap out from my thought.

"Huh? Ah okay." I pay the taxi fare.

My legs are shaking and it feels like I'm going to break if I saw her. I took a deep breath and enter the cemetery. I look around and there are few people there. When I reach her tomb there's a middle aged man who's standing in front of it.

"You must be Gray. I was told that you were coming today." The man said.

I nod at him as my tears started to fall. I said I would not cry. I even practice on how to greet her with a smile but it's so painful. It really is painful. I feel like my heart is tearing up into pieces. Knowing that the girl you love is no longer in this world, it's really painful. Abi's dad gives me a hug as he comforted me.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It's alright. I've been in that state too." He said. We just stood there until I calm down.

"She was very happy until the very end. She said that she was able to live the life that she wanted because of you and said that she didn't regret making the decision she made back then." Her dad said.

Nakatingin lang ako sa kanya habang nagsasalita siya. "The day Abi left and went to the Philippines is supposed to be the day of her operation." Nagulat ako sa mga sinabi niya it's the first time I've heard of it. "I was wrong back then. I was wrong for pushing her to take the operation. I did not understand her then. I didn't consider her feelings. Maybe she's too afraid to take that and that's why she ran away that day. I'm really an irresponsible father. If only I try to understand and supported her more----" his voice broke this time I was the one patting his back.