Chapter 10

Matthew's POV:
My eyes were wide in surprise.

"Al-Alfred?"

I questioned in disbelief.

'Why is he here?! Gilbert said they were instructed to stay away from me!'

Gilbert glared at the blonde.

"What are you doing here?"

He hissed at him, and Alfred gave him his million dollar smile.

"I'm here to help out my twin."

He said like it was obvious, but Gilbert wasn't having it.

"You need to leave."

I could tell that sentence made Alfred angry. He took a few steps closer, and Gilbert stood from next to me, getting off the bed. They had a stare off, sizing each other up.

"The doctor said you guys couldn't come see him other then Francis and Arthur bringing him clothes."

Gilbert began walking around the hospital bed, while Alfred stood where he was, following Gilbert with his eyes.

'Please don't pull me into this conversation, please don't-'

"Birdie tell Alfred to leave."

'Damnit Gil.'

I looked towards Alfred, but he was already looking at me, a emotion I couldn't place in his eyes. I stayed silent for a moment.

"Leave Alfred."

The emotion turned into disbelief, and he took two steps closer, now only about a foot away from me. He leaned down so he was face to face with me, a battle between blue and purple eyes.

But this time I wasn't losing.

My hand moved quick, too quick for him to see.

'Anger issues.'

I took a fist full a blonde hair in my hand, pulling just enough to hurt a little. I could feel my eyes go dark as he gave a look of slight fear.

"Ma-Mattie?"

I saw Gilbert looking at us out of the corner of my eye, but I ignored him.

"Leave."

My grip tightened.

"And if you want to see what I can really do."

I leaned a little closer.

"My anger."

A little closer.

"Look in my room."

I leaned back, letting go of his hair. He backed up.

"Your room?"

The door opened once again.

"Matthew-?"

Arthur stopped, glaring at Alfred.

"You git, I told you to stay at school."