Chapter 3

Chapter 3

                   After detention, I walked down the halls, looking out for Kellen, seeing if he would try and jump me again. When I got to my Toyota, I stared it up quickly and drove home. Carlie was first to talk to me. “What happened?” she asked. “Why were you late? Why do you have a bruise on your cheek?” I explained it to her and she was seething. “I’m going to have a talk with this Cory asshole. He’s going to regret ever touching you.” I smiled, grabbing a peach yogurt.

                    “Honey, I’m home!” I turned around to find Michael smiling down at me. “Mikey!” I screamed, jumping into his embrace. “Hey, Isa,” he said. “Long time, no see. Miss me?” I nodded, holding fast to him. I missed him. A lot. I haven’t seen him in at least three months. He pulled back, smiling down at me. “Well, I sure can tell,” he said. “I missed you too, little sis.” I smirked. “Where’s Freya?” I asked. He smiled, love struck. I grinned. He’s so in love! “Freya’s at home with Ever,” he said. So Ever’s her name? What a pretty name. “I like that name,” I said. “I might just have to use it for something.” Michael smiled happily. He must really love Ever. But I wouldn’t expect anything else from Michael. He’s faithful.

                        “So, when did you get here?” I asked. He smirked. “Around the time you were ‘suppose’ to get home. Late?” he said. “You really should use protection, sis.” I blushed. “I had detention! I wasn’t- you know,” I said. He rose his eyebrows, a his smirk getting wider. “Doing it with a teacher? Oh, sis, you little rebel,” he said, shaking his head. I slapped him. “The teacher was a girl!” I said. “Besides, I think I like someone else..” He grinned, slapping me back.

                    “Ooh, who?” Carlie asked. Damen. I scowled. “Not telling you,” I said, sticking my tongue out. “Anywho, I decided I’m going to get us something to eat. Anyone want to come?” Michael raised his hand. “Me!” I laughed. Carlie took out her phone. “I’m going to call Pence,” she said. Michael made kissy faces behind her head and I giggled. Carlie glanced at us, shook her head, and ran upstairs.

~

                    Driving up to McDonald’s, I asked Michael what he wanted. “Isa,” he said. “I want a double cheeseburger- actually two- three large fries, and a coke.” My eyes bulged. “What?” I squeaked. “But, but that’s a lot!” Michael laughed. “I was kidding!” he said. “I only want one fry. The dollar one. But I was serious about the rest.”

                    As I started ordering, Michael pestered me about getting dollar sundaes. I sighed. “And two caramel sundaes, please,” I finished. Michael pumped his fist and mouthed, ‘yess!’ I laughed as I pulled up to the window and handed the cashier my money. She handed me my bags of food and said, “Here you go! Have a nice day!” I smiled and said, “You too.”

                    Michael’s so impatient. He can’t even wait until we get home to start eating. He bit into his hamburger, making my stomach growl. He laughed, shoving his burger in my face. “What, can’t watch me eat? Want yours?” he said. I shook my head, smiling. “Unlike you, I can wait,” I said. He grinned. “That’s right, I’m soo impatient,” he said. I nodded, smirking.

                 A few seconds later, someone ran out into the middle of the road. From here, I could see it was a guy. He stared right at me, but I couldn’t make out his features. All I noticed were his pitch black eyes. I slammed the brakes on, skidding to a halt. Michael shot forward, his seatbelt keeping his from going through the windshield. The person stood still, staring, but I heard a distant crashing noise, then pain. What is this? Am.. Is this a- am I in a car crash? Is that what this is?