Chapter 4

Chapter 4

                 Mom instantly slapped him on his arm that wasn’t broken. “Michael Thomas Montie ” she said. “Don’t joke ” She looked at me with a warm, apologetic smile. “Honey, you’ve been out eleven days,” she said. Eleven days. Eleven days. “Wait ” I blurted out. “I had detention ” Everyone in the room laughed, diffusing some of the tension. “I think it’s safe to say, you don’t have it anymore,” Carlie said. The doctor gave a curt nod. “I have to attend another patient, so if you need anything, just press that button, okay, Miss Montie?” I nodded. He left the room after that.

                  I glared harshly at Michael. “I almost died when you said that,” I said. “I swear my heart stopped.” Michael laughed, patting me on the head. “Gets the blood flowing ” he said. “Don’t want you dying now, do we?” I scowled. “Leave,” I said. “I want to sleep.” Mom started to protest, but I gave her a dry look. She nodded, looking at the floor with a sad expression. I felt the guilt instantly. “Fine, Mom,” I said. “Stay.” She looked up with a victorious grin, knowing she had won. Her little plan had worked. I groaned. “You did that on purpose, didn’t you,” I said accusingly . She smirked. “Yes,” she said. She picked my hand up, looking down at it. She sucked in a breath.

             I snatched my hand back, glaring at her. “Mom, it’s rude to stare,” I complained. She smiled. “Sorry, hun,” she said. I yawned. “Get some sleep, sweetie,” she said. “You must be exhausted.” I closed my eyes and instantly fell into a deep sleep.

~

                 I woke up to someone poking my arm. “Stop that,” someone hissed. “She’s sleeping ” I opened my eyes slowly. “Not anymore,” I croaked. I looked up into the brown eyes of Alexis. “Lex ” I shouted hoarsely. “You’re here ” I threw my arms around his neck, squeezing tightly. “Is,” he said. “I missed you, too. It’s been two weeks.” I pulled back. “Yeah, sorry about that,” I said. He shifted and his arm was pressing into my rib cage. My eyes flew open wide. “Alexis,” I choked, tears coming to my eyes. “Lex, you’re elbowing me in my ribs.” He instantly moved off me. “Sorry, sorry,” he said. “Someone else is here to see you, too ” 

                   He moved back as I wiped my tears away. Damen. Hie bluish green eyes stared into my blue ones. “Damen,” I whispered. Alexis moved out of the way, and Damen stood by my side. “Isabella,” he said, a tear in his eye. What is that about? I mean, we just met, like a couple days ago, he can’t like me that much, right? “Isabella, I thought you were gone. When they called and told us that you were in a car accident.. I.. I didn’t know what to do. If I lost you..” I smiled up at him. “I’m okay, Dame,” I said. “A bit roughed up, but fine.” 

                  Alexis moved back into my view. “It’s weird, actually. When the teachers told us you were in a car accident and might die, no one seemed to know who you were. They were all like, ‘Who’s Isabella?’ I was so mad, lemme tell you, Is, it really pissed me off,” he said, I smirked. “I’m kinda invisible,” I said. “And that’s the way I like it.” Alexis frowned. “Why, though?” he asked curiously.

~

                 “Isabella, stop struggling!” I tried screaming, but his big meaty hand was in the way. His disgusting, sweaty, hand, that reeked of alcohol. I could feel his other hand touching me in private places it really shouldn’t be, moving things aside to feel my skin better. “Stop it!” I tried screaming, but it was muffled by his hand. He tightened his grip on me instantly. “Dammit! Shut up!” He punched me in the gut, making me see stars for a couple seconds. When I finally came to, he had his zipper undone, and my pink dress up around my waist.