Chapter 11

Chapter 11
             I woke up to the sun in my eyes. I didn’t feel like moving, so I shrank deeper into the covers, rubbing my face into my pillow. I groaned and moved my hand to itch my leg, but I touched something else instead. When my pillow moaned itself, I jumped off the bed, falling in a heap of blankets on the floor. The scream lodged in my throat. I was too scared to even scream.

            “Isabella?” I looked up into blue-green eyes. Damen. “Damen?” I said. “What are you doing in my room? In my bed?” He laughed. “This is my room,” he said, his voice still husky from sleep. “And my bed. You slept at my house, remember?” Oh, yeah. I blushed. “Um, yeah,” I said. “I was just- messing with you.” He smirked. “Sure,” he said. “Oh, and you can borrow some of my clothes.” My eyes widened. “I want to take a shower,” I said quickly.

         After showing me how to turn his complicated shower on, he left me to my business. I scrubbed myself raw, wanting to be really clean for Damen. I stepped out of the shower, rubbing the water out of my hair, when Damen came in. “I brought your clothes,” he said, not looking my way. “Um, you can use the toothbrush under the sink, and you can use my comb.” I nodded, glancing at the mirror. “Okay, I’ll go now,” Damen said. I nodded again. After he left, I quickly slipped into the clothes and brushed my teeth and hair.

      I stepped out of the bathroom blushing. One, because Damen’s clothes were huge on me, and two, because I was wearing Damen’s clothes. To school. This has to mean something. I mean, don’t couples wear each other’s clothes? I think they do. I walked down the stairs, into the kitchen, and saw Desiree eating coco puffs. “Hey, Desiree,” I said, ruffling her hair. She glanced at me. “Why are you wearing Damen’s clothes?” she asked.

      I felt hands come around my waist. “Because I want her to,” Damen said, kissing the side of my head. “What do you want?” he asked. “Um,” I said, pretending to think. “Do you have Luck Charms?” He smiled, but nodded nonetheless. I grinned, plopping down in the seat across from Desiree. “Hey, Desiree,” I said. “You’re so adorable.” She smiled at me.

      I ruffled her hair and said, “You’re too cute for your own good. When you get older, if you’re anything like your brother, girls will be all over you.” Damen put the Lucky Charms on the table and took my hand, kissing my wrist, making me boneless. “So, you think I’m handsome, do you?” he said, smirking. I found myself nodded. “Painfully so,” I whispered. I don’t think I could really control myself right now, with him touching me like this.

       He smirked and let me go. “I’ll keep that in mind,” he said, gesturing to my wrist. “I think I’ll use it later.” I huffed and picked up the Lucky Charms pouring myself a bowl. I ate moodily, ignoring Damen completely. That is, until he moved closer to me and whispered, “You look sexy in my clothes.” I shivered. Not only because of the way he said it, but because of his hot breath warming my ear. I scooted away to control myself. “Thanks,” I said quietly.

       As I finished my cereal, Damen announced, “Time to go to school ” Desiree jumped up and grabbed her coat and little backpack. She ran to the door and looked back at us, as if she was waiting for us. “Do you take her to school?” I asked Damen. Damen laughed and shook her head. “Her friend picks her up,” he said. He leaned closer to me, whispering so Desiree wouldn’t hear. “Between you and me, I think she likes him.” I laughed.

      “Are you talking about me?” Desiree asked. We both shook our heads. She smiled. “Good.” Damen and I picked up out backpacks, gave Desiree a kiss on the cheek, and climbed in his car. The ride over was silent. When we got to the school parking lot, Alexis ran over to our car, looking like he hadn’t slept at all. Shit. I forgot to call him and tell him I would be staying at Damen’s.