Chapter 16

Chapter 16

       By the time school started again, Damen and I were so lovey, Alexis couldn’t even be near us. People at school looked at us with varying degrees of disgust and jealousy. As Alexis and Gazelle got closer, so did their hands. Alexis can’t keep his hands away from her when she’s near. Gazelle’s such a nice girl; I think we’re going to be great friends.

        At English, Mr. Jensen had to yell at us. “Damen and Isabella ” I shouted. “Stop that ” I looked up from playing with Damen’s fingers. “We weren’t doing anything,” Damen defended. Mr, Jensen glared at us sternly. “Don’t think I can’t see how you two act. Don’t think I can’t hear Isabella giggling like a lovesick school girl and you looking at her like she’s the best thing you’ve ever seen,” he said. “Just stop when you’re in my class, okay?”

         I reluctantly pulled my hands away from his big one. “Sorry,” I mumbled. I didn’t look at Damen for the rest of the class. I could feel his heated gaze at the side of my face the whole class.

~

       After school, I waited by Damen’s car for him to take me home. I felt a tap on my shoulder. “Hey, Damen,” I said, reaching for the door. “Do you think we could stop by your house? I haven’t seen Desiree in a whi-“ By the time I realized it wasn’t Damen, it was too late. A hand clamped over my mouth, cutting my words off. My bag dropped to the floor, forgotten. There wasn’t anyone else in the parking lot. Where is Damen?

         Kellen dragged me to his car, pushing me in the backseat and slamming the door. I instantly shot up and tried to open the door, but it was on child lock. Kellen slipped in the front seat, pulling out instantly. “Kellen ” I shouted. “Stop it  Let me go ” Kellen just stepped down on the pedal even more.

         We pulled up to a dark-looking house. He instantly turned around and got tape. He taped my hands together behind my back. He got rope and quickly put it on my legs, making sure they were spread enough for him. Trust me, I tried to get him off. I kicked him in the face, punched him between the legs, everything I knew, but it didn’t work. He taped my mouth last.

        He sighed when it was finished. “Finally,” he said. “I haven’t had any in so long. You’ve been holding out on me, Izzy,” he said. I whimpered. He unzipped his pants and took a deep breath. I started thrashing even harder. No, no. Not again. That’s when I heard the police sirens. Kellen gasped, trying to pull his pants up and untie me at the same time. But the police were too quick for him.

          They pulled the door open just as Kellen got the tape off my mouth. “We’re going to have to ask you to come with us,” Police one said. I sighed in relief, a few tears falling. It’s finally over. “Isabella ” I looked out the door and saw Alexis and Damen running to me. Damen got to me first. He glared at Kellen, clenching his fists and taking deep breaths. Police two put a hand on his shoulder.

           “Watch it, son,” he said. “Don’t want you to get arrested, too.” Damen growled. He ran forward and untied me as fast as he could. As soon as he did, I curled myself into a ball and sobbed. I can’t stand getting raped anymore. Damen pulled me out of the car and pulled me to him, as if I was as light as a feather. I sobbed quietly into his shirt, sniffing it occasionally. His scent calms me.

       I felt Alexis start to rub my back. “Oh, Isabella,” he said. “I’m sorry we were late.” The police walked over. “Is she alright?” Police one asked. Damen snarled. “Of course not,” he hissed. “That bastard raped her four times, maybe even more.” The police looked taken aback. “Four times?” Police one said. I cried harder. “Damen,” I sobbed. “Take me home. Take me home.”