Chapter 3

It was a few weeks later, and I had a day to tell Gabbie if I was going to move in with her.
   Ding!
   I had a text from Gabbie. I opened it and read:
   The Daddy Show: Dude I'm at the leasing office. I need to know right now if you're moving in with me or not.
   Shit. I didn't even know myself. I turned off my phone and sighed. I didn't even tell my own father yet that I was moving out, so I guess I needed to tell him.
   I got off my bed and opened my door.
   "CJ!" I yelled downstairs to him.
   "What is it?" I heard him yell back.
   I sighed, "I'm moving out this week. Sorry for the late notice."
   I didn't hear a response, so I went back into my room, replying to Gabbie:
   Me: Put my name on there. I'm coming down there in a few days.
   I pulled a large suitcase out of my closet which was almost fully packed. All I needed was clothes. I was going to a fresh start.
---
   It was a few days later, and I was on my way to the airport.
   "Why are you off to the airport?" asked the Uber driver as he made eye contact with me in the rear view mirror.
   "Off to move in with a friend of mine."
   "Why?"
   "It's a little personal," I replied as I looked out the window, taking one last look at the city I grew up in.
   We made it to the airport, and I opened the car door.
   "Thanks. Can you pop the trunk?" I muttered out the question.
   I moved to the back of the car and pulled out my suitcase, beginning to walk to the entrance.
   Here's to a new life.
---
   I got off the plane and took a look around. I couldn't see her at the gate, so I got out my phone and asked where she was.
   Two seconds later I felt someone's body impact the back of mine and arms wrap around my stomach. I knew this was her, so flipped around and hugged her back.
   I missed her a lot.
   "You know, you scared the shit out of me," I laughed as I kept a hold of her.
   "It was what I was going for. Ready to go though?"
   I gave her a slight nod and grabbed my suitcase of the conveyer belt.
   We walked towards her car. I really wished it was Bertha, so I could experience how bad it was.
   I threw my suitcase into the back of her car and sat in the passenger seat.
   "We are going out for lunch first and then we are going to the apartment. I still need to set it up, so you better help me out."
   "Telling me to use my gay skills and help you out, aren't you?" I joked.
   "What other gay skills do you have?" she joked back, winking casually at me.
   I gave off an awkward chuckle.
   "Well, you don't need to know that," I replied, rubbing the back of my head.
   She pulled into the parking lot for a restaurant called Highland Park Bowl.
  "Is this some bowling place?" I questioned as I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of her car.
   "You will have to wait and see. C'mon."
  I hurried to catch up with her and grabbed her arm because I was scared to be in a new city with people I never met before.
   "After you," she said, smiling and opening the door.
   "Thanks," I smiled and walked in.
   This felt like some really weird first date idea, but I knew we were no where near that.