Chapter 19

A/N somebody date me wtf. I'm like the perfect girlfriend. All I do is shower everyone with love.

I finally admitted my feelings to Vic. I finally kissed someone and it meant something. I finally feel like life is looking up.

Vic and I agreed to go on a date Saturday. We didn't know what we were going to do, but we were brainstorming ideas all last night. Vic had convinced me enough to let him help me start my life over, and I couldn't be happier. Even if I was terrified on the inside.

Besides Vic, I decided that I needed to tell a few people that I was quitting my prostitute reputation, starting with Oliver. He agreed to meet me at a park out of town, so I grabbed a coffee and headed in that direction. When I made it there, he was sitting on a bench looking bored. When his eyes met me he stood up with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey," I greeted him with a small smile.

"Hey," he said. He leaned in for a kiss but I turned my head away. This wouldn't affect him because he knows I play hard to get so he'd just see it as a challenge that he always endures when he's dealing with me.

"Come on, take a walk with me," I said gesturing for him to walk with me. He followed me after I went in the direction I wanted to go and soon he was in step with me.

"So what's up?" He asked after we had been walking for an awkward five minutes. He took his hand out if his pocket and put his arm around my shoulder bringing me closer to him. If it were any other time, I wouldn't mind. But now I feel like I'm betraying Vic, but I didn't make a move to get away from his touch.

"I have to tell you something," I said.

"Of course you do love. That's why we're here," he said sounding a little impatient, but he held it back.

"I'm quitting," I said. I said it fast and kind of quiet that I wasn't sure if he heard me or not.

"What?" He asked wide eyed. His arm left his shoulder and he faced me. Based on his reaction I could guess that he heard me just fine.

"I said I'm quitting," I repeated.

"I heard what you said. But why?" He asked, vice slightly raised.

"Because its what I want to do. I need a fresh start in my life," I explained.

"A fresh start?" He asked like I was stupid. "What do you need to start over for?"

"My life. This lifestyle isn't safe. I could end up dead like Justin," I said. The mention of my best friend hurt, but I had to say it so he knew I was serious.

"You're being over dramatic," Oli moaned. I wanted to slap him and yell at him. I was never one to be violent with Oli because he was much bigger then me, and he could easily hurt me. Around Oli, I felt small. But my mind has big things to speak about, so instead I'll just talk to him like any other reasonable person would.

"I'm not being over dramatic Oli. I felt it was time for a change and that's what I'm doing. I don't want to live a bad life if I could live a normal or even extraordinary one," I explained. He didn't look too happy about my choice, but I only told him because he was close to me. He knew a lot about me and I kind of cared about him, so I assumed he would like to be notified. Plus he was a regular and he'd keep coming to me if I didn't tell him I had changed.

"There is no way you can just start over," he said.

"Yes there is. I have someone helping me and everything," I said confidently.

"Oh I see now," he smiled like he knew the answer to everything.

"No you don't see," I said glaring at him slightly. He was so smug and ignorant sometimes.