22

Jess's POV

After my outburst I walked into my room and locked the door. I can't look at him right now. He already ate and took the medicine. I can leave now and be back before he needs to take some more medicine and eat dinner.

I pulled on a pair of jeans and a hoodie before leaving the apartment and getting into his car. I put the keys in and drove. I did not realize I was crying until the little drops of water fell on my arm.

I wiped away the tears and slowed down a little. I was on the outskirts of town; pulling over, I got out of the car. Taking deep breaths, I began to replay my outburst again in my head.

I told him how I felt and then left him. I looked at my phone and saw a few missed calls. The majority of the calls from Alex and a few from Mr. Jay. He must have told Mr. Jay that I took off without telling him when I would be back.

The clock on my phone said it was close to 5 so I climbed into the car and began to drive home. I stopped to get some Burger King and then went back to the apartment. I got out, grabbed the food, and walked to the door. Unlocking the apartment door and walking inside was simple.

As soon as the door shut; I was squished to a warm body and then I heard a cat hissing. I had dropped the bags of food, my arms now frozen at my side. I felt him start to shake. Alex was crying, I realized this when I felt the tears on my shoulder.

I hugged him back and after he calmed down, he looked at me. I think he was checking for injuries. I shoved him playfully and helped him get to the couch. Once we were seated he grabbed my hand. I think I really freaked him out today.

"Alex I'm- "I didn't get to finish that sentence before his lips crash down on mine. I was unable to move for a good 5 seconds before he pulled away. His cheeks were tinted pink from either the fever or embarrassment.

I felt my cheeks warm and when I looked up at him, I smiled. "If I get sick from this you are so dead." He did not have time to react before I brought my lips up to his.