Chapter 11

~HARRY'S P.O.V.~

"Your total will be.... $176.28, sir." The cashier said to me as I checked out all 5 shirts, 5 pants, and 5 high tops that matched. I handed her two $100 bills, and said, "Keep the change, love." She blushed, and put the cash into the cash register. "Alright, let's go now!" Liam said, obviously bored out of his mind like me. "Ugh, fineeee. BUT, we are stopping at McDonalds. Done deal." Louis explained to me, Zayn, and Liam as we walked towards our car. I wasn't really paying attention to their conversation and just staring ahead of me, when I see something blue out of the corner of my eye. I turn and see her.

Nikki.

She looked so gorgeous. From her silver TOMS that matched the silver belt on her royal blue strapless dress to her long blonde curly hair. I couldn't look away, and I might've let a few dribbles of drool out of my mouth. Oops. My excuse: I saw an angel. I just want to run up and hug her, but she thinks I hate her for some unknown reason, and she DEFINITELY hates me. Luckily I'm wearing sunglasses that shield my eyes from anyone seeing them... or she'd catch me staring. But who wouldn't stare at her? I mean, with the blonde hair, the blue dress that fits her in all the right places the sil-

OW!

"Harry! Are you alright?!"

"How the hell did you not see that?"

"HEHE.. Harry ran into a POLE."

I heard the boys saying stuff from above me, but all I could hear was myself thinking, 'What did I do?'

I guess I must've zoned out completely while thinking about Nikki, because I had to get carried the rest of the way to our car.

"Harry?" Liam asked me as he carried me.

"Mmmmm?" I murmured.

"What were you thinking about? I mean, we watched you. You just walked and walked and walked, and you didn't even acknowledge the flag pole right in front of you. We watched you face plant right into it, shocked, and then just topple over. We thought you were joking, but I guess not. Um.. Harry?"

"Mmmmm?" I said once again.

"We're you thinking about.. Her?"

My eyes went wide.

"Uh.. Psssh! Where would you come up with THAT?" I tried convincing him. Man, I am a TERRIBLE liar.

"Dude. C'mon. Don't lie to your Daddy." Liam said to me, obviously onto my evil plan. I rolled my eyes.

"Dude. Daddy? Really?" I started. He just shrugged and smiled. He set me down after carrying me halfway to our car, and then said, "Just go talk to her, mate! What could go wrong?" I nodded, then looked over at her. 'I can do this,' I thought.

'I can do this.'

'I can do this.'

'Can I do this?'

~NIKKI'S P.O.V.~

As we walked on and on in the parking lot, passing cigarette butts and broken glass, I was thinking about everything. Harry, my Birthday, Harry, Graduation TOMORROW, Harry-

"Nikki?"

Who. The. Heck. Is. That.

I recognize that raspy voice. Only one person has that sexy British accent that drives fans insane.

Harry.

'Breathe, Nikki. Just... Breathe.'

As soon as I turn around and see his dimples, I melt.

"Uh... H-Hi Harry." I force out sheepishly. He smiles, deepening his AMAZINGLY attractive dimples.

"Hey. You look look... A-A.... F... B-Beautiful." He stutters. I attempt to hide the blush that I feel coming, but fail enormously.

"Thanks... I guess.." I awkwardly reply. From what it looks like, he has no idea what's next. Or so I think.

"Listen, Nikki, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have snuck into that room when you were singing.... I feel really bad about it. I just wish things could go back to the way they were... I jus-"

All of a sudden, I hear something vibrate and play a few beats of Best Song Ever. I see Harry blush, reach into his pocket, and grab his phone. Not meaning to see a glimpse of the screen, I see the name "<3(:" on the screen and immediately fire up with anger. I see his dimples go extremely deep and a glimpse of happiness spark in his eyes. "Oh... Uh... I have to take this.." He starts, probably wanting me to stay and wait for his little love festive talk with that someone special to end. "No.. April and Niall are waiting for me. I can't just wait around until your little flirt session is over!" I say harshly, turning around and practically running towards the car. "Nikki, wait!" I hear behind me. Tears burn in my eyes, partly blocking my vision, but I don't care. All I think of is Derek, and how he cheated on me. I can't let that happen to someone else, no matter how cute Harry is. No. I won't let that happen.

I won't.

~HARRY'S P.O.V.~

Why did she just storm off like that? What did I do? Does my breath stink? These questions float in my mind for a bit, until I realize that I had answered my phone 30 seconds ago and hadn't said anything. I slowly put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sweetie! I missed you!"

"Hey... Mom."