Chapter 16

Holy Jeepers!!! I haven't updated in so long!!! Wow!!! Thanks for sticking with me, everybody!

Oh, and I'm not gonna be posting the Chapter Update Notifications on InstaGram, for those who are following me..

#TOOLAAAAZY

Thanks so much for reading my book!

LOVE YOU ALL(:

---------------------------------------------

"You didn't tell me Harry would be here!" I practically yelled in April's direction while she parked her car. She shrugged her shoulders as she tried looking sheepish, but I could tell she planned this.

"UGH." I bellowed while watching Harry flip his curly hair to the side. The sight made my palms sweat.

'What am I supposed to say to him?' I pondered in my thoughts.

I nervously stepped out of the car and started walking towards them. April was already over there, talking to Niall and holding his hand. Harry, on the other hand, was still leaned up on the side of their car with his eyes glued to me. I tried not showing any kinds of emotion, but my cheeks said otherwise as they turned a pink shade.

'Dammit,' I cursed in my head when I saw him bite his plump lip from seeing me blush.

When I finally got to him, my throat went dry.

'What am I supposed to SAY? What if I choke up? Well, I'm already choking up, so that answers THAT question...'

"Nikki.?" Harry stuttered, knocking me out of my crazy mind.

"Hey, Harry...." I awkwardly replied to him. We stood there awkwardly, trying not to make eye contact. I swear, I could cut the tension with a gas station razor. After what felt like a thousand years, Harry finally spoke up.

"Your birthday is tomorrow right?" He questioned, eyeing me and wanting an answer.

"Yeah... How'd you know?" I answered back. I feel completely idiotic for being so mean to him. I mean, he's NEVER done anything to make me mad, besides his sarcastic smart-ass comments. I'm such a downer to me, and yet... He still remembered my birthday.

"I.. I guess... Well it's just... Hmmm." He sighed. By the look on his face, he couldn't find the right words to say. Finally, he blurted, "I...I gotta go bye.!" and quickly dashed into the car.

Okay.?

I made my way over to April and Niall, who were swallowing eachother's faces, and stood there like the lonely coward I was. I tapped April's shoulder a few times to hint to her that I wanted to leave, but she simply shrugged me off. Steamed, I decided to take my frappe and waltz into the school without her. I grabbed my frappe from the car and stomped past her, making sure she could hear the sound of my shoes clattering on the ground.

Behind me, I heard, "Crap! Babe, I gotta go. No.. Babe-Love you too! Bye!" and rustling behind me. Soon enough, April was by my side, sucking on the straw of her frappe and walk-skipping.

I couldn't help but smile at her childish charms.

---------------------------------------------

"Antonio Fernandez! Come on up!" The announcer shouted. A small boy in my grade walked triumphantly up to the stand to give his Graduation Speech. Baby pictures of him towered on the screen behind the stage, which showed him, fetus genitals and all, in the bathtub.

Awkward.

'Holy barnacles,' I anxiously thought, 'I have to go up next.'

My Graduation Speech is nothing compared to all of the other peoples' speeches. They all have things like "My future is bright thanks to this wonderful school" and "I'll never forget the high school memories"... I made mine as honest and simple as I could. I mean, who spends weeks perfecting a stupid speech they're presenting in front of a bunch of idiots they know? I just wrote words on a flashcard and called it good. Only try-hards and nerds would-