°Chapter Eight°

Tom POV

I left Abby back at the tree house she was sleeping so peaceful and I didn't want to wake her. I was out looking for my new specie the red gorilla. Not only is his coat red but also his whole body. He only comes out at night meaning he's nocturnal that also makes him different from other gorillas because they're diurnal. I finally spotted my new creature climbing a tree grabbing a banana. I took out my notepad and pencil and began taking notes.

Abby POV

I woke up wiping the tears from my eyes. "Tom?" I walked into his room but he wasn't in there. I left out the tree house calling out for him. "Tom?" I turned back around heading back but froze when I saw a big gorilla in front of me. He didn't look like the gorillas I saw at a zoo before. He was red. "Abby." I looked behind me to see Tom. "Slowly back up." I looked back at the gorilla he was just starring. I reached out my hand to pet him. "Abby!" I laughed when he started petting my hair. "Look Tom he's nice."

Tom POV

I calmed down walking over towards them. "Pet him." I pet him writing his appearance down in my notes. "Looks like you made a new friend. Give him a name." She smiled, "Toby. For Tom and Abby." "You're one smart five year old." "Thank you." I laughed at her as we made our way back. We decided to spend the rest of the night with Toby camping under the stars. "Why were you up so late?" I asked watching Toby. "Couldn't sleep I miss my mommy." I looked at her, "We'll find your mom. A promise is a promise."