The Directory

Within this book, I will be starting a new project.

The chapters that I write about each ED are good and well and give the basic facts, but I think that if you're somebody who's writing about a disorder that you haven't experienced up close and personally, it can be hard to get insight into what it's like.

The Directory will be here for two reasons. Firstly, to name sources that are willing to communicate with you on any questions that you may have about ED's. Secondly, it can also be a sense of support for those struggling with ED's.

To sign up for the Directory, all you have to do is comment or PM me the following form.

1. Username; (@insertrandomusername12345)

2. What I'm comfortable talking about; (*insert ed*, but not about goal weights and exercise)

3. If I'm willing to beta-read a couple of chapters on your book to see whether or not it's well explained and laid out; (yes/no)

4. How I'd like to communicate; (email/pm/comments/message board/kik/etc.)

I will post a chapter (that I will update every now and then) if we have anybody sign up.

I will give you a scenario. Say I, somebody that has Orthorexia Nervosa and a cousin with Bulimia Nervosa, want to write a story about Anorexia Nervosa. I can do research online and read articles written by people that do a theoretical form of research, but that won't get me far in the story sense. Say I then find somebody that has experienced Anorexia and I talk with them.

They will be able to give me insight on the emotional aspects as well as specific things like the Secret Family or UGI's. This will be beneficial both for the person who gives insight and the person that needs information because that way the person that gives insight will know that somebody out there is writing with knowledge that they gave, and the person recieving information will do precisely that; recieve information.

If you would like to be set up with somebody to talk about a disorder, fill out questions 1, 2 and 4.

I hope that this will beneficial for anybody that wants to help or may need help.