EDNOS

EDNOS stands for Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. It means

an eating disorder that does not meet the limitations of Bulimia Nervosa, Anorexia Nervosa, or Binge Eating Disorder.

EDNOS will often show a lot of the same characteristics of the ED's stated above, but will not quite meet the specifications that each disorder has to be diagnosed with it.

For example, with Bulimia, you have to purge at least 5 times a week, on average, to be diagnosed with it. If you had EDNOS, maybe you would purge 3 times a week at most, and therefore, not qualify.

Often, there are also some lesser known ED's that are misdiagnosed as EDNOS because the professional is not particularly educated in the various types of Eating Disorders.

However, there are very many people that have EDNOS, and unfortunately, within the realm of ED's, it is the one of the most fatal conditions, following Anorexia Nervosa.

~~~

A character may exhibit some ED-related behaviors, although their condition may not be realised, because as stated above, they never fit all the criteria.

Often, it is related to body-image, and like Anorexia and Bulimia, will start off with insecurity about your appearance or weight. People with EDNOS will often variate betwern starving themselves, intense exercise, and other means of purging.

If they exhibit a lot of binge behaviour, they may be mistakenly diagnosed with BED.

I have not read any books on Wattpad surrounding the matter, but there are plenty of resources online, (especially youtube), and you can always ask me.