Chapter 5: (Party Poison)

My scream was a muffled scream as the stupid, refurbished company injected one of their many drugs into my body, inflicting pain everywhere. Korse was watching gleefully in the far corner of the room, as I jerked around in a chair. I think he started laughing at one stage but couldn’t remember. A Drac approached me and I began to hyperventilate.

“That’s enough,” Korse snapped and the Drac holding a syringe filled with a clear liquid backed off. “I think he is ready to talk.”

I groaned in pain and rolled my head around to try to glare at him. He smirked at me and shoved my head forward, causing my upper body to follow. I heard a chair being pulled up and glared through my red hair hanging in front of my face to see Korse sitting on the chair, glaring at me.

“If you don’t want another dose of the drug, you will answer me truthfully,” he snarled and I tried to roll my eyes but didn’t have the strength to. “Where is my daughter?”

“She isn’t your daughter anymore,” I spat and watched as Korse started to raise his hand. “Last time I checked she ran off into the desert.”

I coughed as I breathed in, the pain in my chest was excruciating. Korse laughed at me, lowering his hand and I closed my eyes, wishing the pain would stop.

“Korse, get to the security room. Now,” came Bobs’ voice over the intercom and Korse snarled.

“This better be good,” he mumbled and I heard the door slam shut behind him.

I slowly sat back up and glanced around me. I was alone in the white room. Slouching lower into my seat, I closed my eyes and saw Lyn-Z being shot in the leg. A single tear slid down my cheek as I stared at her face behind my closed eyes. Her pain-stricken face was only seen by me once before and that was when she had Bandit. I let out a huge sob/sigh and opened my eyes to a loud bang.

“Where the hell is he?” shouted an unfamiliar voice.

“Party Poison?” called T.J. and I gasped.

“In here,” I called back as loud as I could.

A loud bang was pounding the door and I flinched as the banging got louder. A ray gun was fired and the door swung open, landing on the door with a metallic clang. A girl with dark, shoulder length, red hair was standing in the door frame, holding a green ray gun. She was wearing a faded green tank-top with black shorts, black combat boots and on her hands were black fingerless gloves. Her holster was wrapped around her thigh, kinda like mine, except mine was loosely around my waist and my gun was back at the diner

“Hey Party,” Staticheat Summertime smirked and I smiled at her.

“Hey Stats,” I whispered and watched as her face dropped.

“Don’t call me Stats,” she hissed and I laughed lightly. “This is Dead Pegasus. She kinda drove your car here, considering I can’t drive.”

“There better not be a scratch on that car,” I hissed.

“There isn’t, you lunatic,” Pegasus shouted and Static pushed her into the room.

“You untie him while I keep a lookout?” she said and Pegasus nodded.

She ran her fingers over and across the bindings in my wrists.

“The bindings are too tight,” she sighed. “Hang on a sec.”

Static raised her eyebrows and I glanced over my shoulder.

“Where- aha, found it,” Pegasus said, producing a pocket knife from her combat boots.

She began to cut the bindings. When I was untied, I jumped up and nearly fell over. Pegasus made me rest against her and she wrapped her arm around my waist, holding me up.

“Come on,” Static whispered and lead us through the maze of BL/ind.

I nearly passed out when we got to the lobby but Pegasus tightened her grip on my waist.

“Come on Poison, not far to go,” she whispered in my ear and I nodded.

Static held the door opened and that was when hell broke loose. Dracs swarmed into the lobby, aiming their ray guns at us. Static began to fire at them and cover us. Pegasus threw me into the back of the car and she climbed into the drivers’ seat, shooting at the Dracs too. Static scrambled into the passenger’s seat and Pegasus slammed the acceleration down, sending the car screeching out of Battery City. That was about the time I passed out.