Chapter 6: T.J.

I can’t believe we did it. We saved Party Poison. Mum, Dad and Mikey would be so proud of us. Sinking lower into my seat, I leant my head against the window frame and sighed, feeling the heat of the desert on my face. My stomach growled and my eyes widened. Savana started laughing at me and turned the car right.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“To pay a couple of old friends a visit,” she smiled and I nodded.

She drove the car until an old, worn down restaurant appeared and she pulled in, parking the car at the front door. As we got out, a girl walked out, throwing an old man out of the restaurant.

“What have I told you about coming back here, sunshine?” she shouted and the man scrambled away from her.

“I’m sorry,” he slurred his words and Pegasus held back a laugh.

“Hey there, Electric Sugar,” she laughed and the girl looked up.

“Hey Peggie,” she said and turned back to glare at the man. “Now listen here you old man. You will not walk even with in a ten-mile radius of the place. Got it?”

The man nodded and ran off. I stared at him and started laughing. I turned back to the girl and stared at her. She wore black shorts, black and red stripy long socks, black studded boots, blue tank top, red braces (not the ones for your teeth), black gloves and around her neck was a pink/blue bandana.

“Hi, I’m Electric Sugar a.k.a. Kelsey,” she said and I smiled at her.

“Hi, I’m Staticheat Summertime, a.k.a. T.J,” I said and she smiled at me.

“Korse’s daughter,” she whispered and I shook my head.

“Ray Toro’s daughter,” I stated and her eyes widened.

“From My Chem,” she whispered and I nodded.

“Hey, not trying to break up the new friendship but, ah, can we please get some food? We are starving,” Pegasus asked and Sugar nodded.

“Come on in,” she said.

“What about Poison?” I asked and Pegasus glanced her shoulder.

“Here he comes,” she said and headed into the restaurant.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Party Poison limping over to me. Smiling at him, I waited until he reached me and we walked into the place together. The restaurant was a dull grey on the outside but the inside was full of bright colours. I stared around and found Pegasus sitting on a bar stool, talking to Sugar. As Poison and I approached, they started laughing and a guy appeared. His electric blue fringe was swept to one side. The blue eventually faded into bleach blonde and his eyes were a deep chocolate brown.  

“Hey Peggie,” he said and Pegasus smiled at him.

“Hey Smasher,” she giggled and Smasher glanced at us.

“Who are these two knew Killjoys?” he smirked and Pegasus glanced at us.

“This is Party Poison and Staticheat Summertime,” she smiled and I waved at Smasher.

“I’m Sonic Smasher,” he smiled and I smiled back. “Here, take these.”

He handed me a couple of packs of chips that still looked fresh.

“Yum,” I giggled and Poison scrunched his nose.

“Thanks,” he said, simply.

I opened mine and yelped in surprise. A cockroach peeked out of the packet and I shuddered, dropping the packet to the floor. Party cringed and placed his packet on the bench. Pegasus was doubling over in laughter and Sugar glared at Smasher.