Tao Khan

Shifu's POV:

"Tao Khan? Is that really you?" I asked.

"Hello, master. I told you we'd see each other again." Tao said. "Now would you please let me go? I am actually very tired and probably should rest."

I untied him and told him to go rest. He went off to the barracks and I turned around to see all of my students looking at me confused.

"Master. Who is Tao Khan?" asked Tigress.

"*sigh* Years ago when Tai Lung was just sixteen, a three year old cub named Tao Khan came to the Valley of Peace looking for a new home. I let him stay here in the Jade Palace, but I never showed him a spec of attention for I was "too busy" training Tai Lung. Tao started showing interest in kung fu and I was never there to teach him so he taught himself. When Tao was six he finished all one thousand scrolls, beating Tai Lung to it." I said. Everyone gasped when I said Tao beat the thousand scrolls before Tai Lung.

"But master, Tai Lung was labeled as the first. How come Tao wasn't if he beat Tai Lung to the punch?" asked Po.

"Let me finish the story panda." I said. "After finishing all thousand scrolls, he came into the court yard where I was teaching Tai Lung and challenged him to a sparring match. That surprised me, but what surprised me even more was that Tao defeated Tai Lung with in ten seconds of the sparring match. After that Tai Lung and Tao grew closer and closer together, they were like brothers. They always went down to the village and trained together. They were inseparable. But one year later, when Tai Lung was refused the dragon scroll and betrayed us, it all changed. There is another lie that was told about Tao. You see, Oogway wasn't the one who stopped Tai Lung.... it was Tao who stopped him. After Tai Lung was sent the prison, Tao left the Jade Palace. Tao was the most hurt out of all of that. Tao looked up to Tai Lung and when Tai Lung betrayed us he had to fight his own brother. Tao left only promising that me and him would see each other again one day and since then, I never saw him again. Until just today." I told.

Everybody stayed silent for they didn't know what to say.

"Master, if that is so, why have you or Oogway never told us about Tao?" asked Tigress.

"It hurt both me and Oogway to see Tao go. You see Tao was very wise beyond his age. Some advise that Oogway gave came from Tao. Like there are no mistakes and more. One bit of advise that Tao gave me is something I will never forget. He said 'Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." I said.

"Master Oogway said that exact thing to me after I was chosen as the dragon warrior." said Po.

"Yes, even Oogway took that one to heart." I replied. "Well that would be all. You all better get some rest."

"Yes, he is right." said Master Ox. "Tomorrow could be a big day."

"Yes master." The five and dragon warrior said.