Chapter 1: Rewind

I raced down the steps of the school in tears. My dress ripped, makeup smeared and running down my face. As I ran I thought to myself, "How could this happen? It just doesn't make any sense!" I ran into the parking lot where Rudy, my sensei, was waiting in the car ready to drive away at any moment. He saw how much of a mess I was and asked me,

"Are you ok?! What happened? Where's Jack?" these were all valid questions that I was wondering myself.

"It's a long story." I told him sniffling.

"I've got time." He told me smiling.

"Well let me start at the beginning..."

ONE WEEK EARLIER

Monday, September 12th

"I know right?!" I said slamming my locker shut.

"I just think that the dresses there are WAY too expensive." Jessie exclaimed. I transferred to Seaford High School (my freshman year) last year. My first year at Seaford high was the year I met my current boyfriend, Jack, and best friend, Kim. Over the months I've spent here, I've become less and less "girly". I figured the less I expose myself, the less vulnerable I am. So, I quit the cheerleading squad and joined the chemistry club. This last year I met two other girls, Jessie and Riley. At this moment, we were discussing the fall dance.

"So do you have a date yet?" I asked Jessie.

"No." she answered sadly.

"That's too bad! Well you still have a couple of days to find a date." I reassured her.

"Yeah I guess." She said following behind me.

"So do you have a dress yet?" Jessie asked me trying to change the subject off of her.

"Yes I do!" I said flipping my long red hair.

"It's gorgeous." I told her excitedly.

"What shoes are you wearing?" she asked me pulling her short, blonde hair into a ponytail.

"What do you think? Converse of course!" I shouted.

"Really?! You're not going to wear heels?" she asked me playfully.

"No. Way too uncomfortable." I answered. Just then Jack came walking towards us.

"Hey Lauren we're going to be late for class if we don't hurry." He yelled.

"Ok coming! See you later Jess." I shouted running towards Jack.

"See ya!" she yelled back. As I caught up to Jack he put his arm around my waist as we walked to class together. 

Picture of Lauren

Picture of Lauren

Picture of Jessie

Picture of Jessie

Picture of Riley