Chapter 18: Long Story

We walked, talking about random things like we were old friends.

Finally, we stopped and walked to an old diner, it was vintage and small with old music playing in the background. The lighting very dim and candles on the table. It was quite busy for a small diner at ten o'clock at night.

We got seated outside which was okay with me because it was a cool night and because it was summer the sun went down two hours ago meaning it wasn't too dark. We could see the ocean from here, and basically taste the salt.

"What would you two like to order?" A girl asked us cheerfully, she had blonde hair like mine with brown eyes and freckles. She looked beautiful enough to be a model. I wanted to frown as she put what I was currently wearing to shame, even though she wore uniform.

She wore a black tights with a black top and a white apron over it that said the name of the diner.

"Platter for two please and I'll have a coke" Henry said, smiling up to her.

"I'll have water with lemon and an peach Bos ice tea" I said.

She nodded, writing down our orders. "How are you doing, Al?"

"I'm great. You look beautiful" He complimented her, feeling a little jealousy creeping up, I tried to ignore it by concentrating on my menu.

She chuckled and rolled her eyes "Please enjoy your date"

Henry grinned widely at her, "We should make plans hey?"

"Mmm" She said glancing in my direction. " Yeah, we will catch up now please pay attention to your girlfriend now"

"Aren't you sassy?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Henry!" She said causing a few people to look at us. She shot him an annoyed look but it was clear she was flattered. She huffed and walked away.

"Sorry about that- old friend" He explained.

" Ex Girlfriend?" I asked and Henry chuckled shaking his head.

"She was never my ex, but its cute to tease her because she hasn't had a boyfriend before" He said.

"How?" I couldn't stop myself from saying. She looked so flawless.

"Extremely picky" He said rolling his eyes.

"Shame did you get rejected by her?" I asked chuckling. "I can see why"

"You are a horrible girlfriend" He joked.

I wouldn't be if you gave me a chance.

"Thanks, likewise boyfriend" I said winking. He rolled his eyes playfully,

"So- we parting ways?" I asked about the discussion earlier.

"Can we talk about that later?" He asked me.

"Okay" I agreed.

Our food came and I nearly drooled at the platter.

I grabbed my fork and immediately dug in. Henry chuckled at my actions but was soon doing the same thing.

We at in silence, it wasn't awkward. It was comfortable silence, just spending a moment to truly appreciate food.

"Wow that was good" I said sighing.

"I know" He said sipping on his coke.

"Ive never had Bos before" He said.

"Best Ice Tea ever made" I stated, sipping my drink happily. He looked at me and I sighed,