Chapter 15: Sorry Bob Part 1

The red flashing finally came to a stop, I glanced at Bob and when I saw the extent of his injury while he was quickly pulled away on a stretcher, I was engulfed in guilt.

"Sorry" I called for the millionth time.

"In your defense. You didn't know that Bob was going to jump into a lake filled with crocodiles" Riele said putting a hand on my shoulder.

I took a sharp intake of breath. "You make me feel worse when you say it like that"

"Well at least you did your job as a certified match maker" Riele joked.

"Yeah" I said nodding, I turned to her. "I better be a bridesmaid at your wedding"

She laughed, "alight, that might be jumping the gun a little. Um by the way a little message of encouragement from all of us, you are explaining what happened to Bob's mom"

I groaned when I remembered Bob's mothers panicked oral when we called her, telling her that her son was currently being yanked away in an ambulance and on his way to the nearest ICU.

"Encouragement?" I asked.

"Yeah- and she slaps" Riele said.

Earlier That Day:

When I finally reached my house, my phone rang. I grabbed it, sliding the green bar.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey! Where the hell did you go?" Riele yelled into the phone making me cringe.

"Home?" I said but it came out more of a question.

"You're dead" she declared. "I'm picking you up in an hour for lunch"

I groaned "can't you just meet me at the carnival?"

"Does it sound like I'm giving you a choice?" She asked, her question was intimidating, I imagined her glaring at the phone.

"Fine- see you in an hour" I said.

She hung up without another word. I stared down at my phone.

I opened the door, only for my phone to ring once again. I picked it up.

"Riele? I know an hour" I said.

"It's Alister" Henry said.

"Oh- hey Henry sorry" I said. He sighed not even bothering to say anything

"Um- I'll see you at the carnival" he said.

"Okay?" I said "is that why you called?"

"yeah- and uh I have to talk you afterwards."

"Okay?" I said.

"Yeah- okay" he said, clearing his throat.

"Um alright" I said.

"Cool" he said.

"Fine" I said nodding.

"Acceptable" he said.