The Long Road Home Ch 18

Zooey text: DUDE!!!! It's been over 4 days WTH is going on??? Please answer back Gabs I'm worried about U. It's all over the news what UR parents did :(

Danielle sighs as she reads the message, she unplugs her phone and steps outside the motel room to call her best friend.

"Hey." Danielle says when Zooey answers the phone,

"OH MY GOD DUDE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I'VE LITERALLY BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU FOR LIKE FOREVER." Zooey yells,

"Geez calm damn Zoo, you don't have to yell."

"What? Dude the news are saying you were like fucking kidnapped or something, I'm not gonna calm down until you tell me what the hell is going on. Are you OK?" Zooey asks her. "And why didn't you contact me sooner, we've been worried sick about you Gabs."

"Look for starters ignore everything you have heard, the cops have got it all wrong, my parents have done nothing wrong and this is just one giant fucking nightmare I'm in right now." Danielle explains, "Zooey you know my parents they wouldn't hurt a fly, they are the nicest people on earth. And I couldn't contact you sooner as the mean lady supposedly looking after me wouldn't take me back to my place to get my phone charger until last night, the bitch she knew my battery was flat."

"Oh what mean lady? And where have you been staying?"

"Mrs McGuire she is from child welfare, like I need a fucking nanny to babysit me and she is a grumpy old lady. We've been staying at a motel, but last night after I got my charger we drove to LA." Danielle replies,

"LA what the fuck, why LA?" Zooey asks,

"It's where the other people claiming to be my parents are from and they are fucking forcing me to meet them today."

"What? Wow but like they wouldn't do that if they didn't have some kind of proof right Gabs?"

"It's just fucking bullshit, no body will listen to me, they haven't even asked me what I want, it's all about these people and what they want, like I didn't even get a choice about going to LA. The shrink told everyone she thought it would be good for me to meet them. I don't want to fucking see them, I just want to come home, go to school, jam with my band and forget any of this ever happened." Danielle cries,

"Oh Gabs I'm really sorry, I wish I was there right now to hug you." Zooey replies, "Look let me speak to my Dad, you know he is a lawyer so I'm sure I could ask him to find out some things for you, you know like what your rights and that are."

"Oh Zooey would you? That would totally be amazing because I really don't won't anything to do with these people, especially not have to go live with complete strangers and it's like so not fair to take me away from my own friends and school."

"Yeah of course Gabs, I'll go speak to Dad now," She replies, "You just hang in there and we'll get this sorted. Oh and like keep me updated on everything OK well gotta go love ya heaps Gabs."

Danielle sighs before going back into the motel room.

"Gabrielle time to get ready to go meet Mr and Mrs Haim." Mrs McGuire tells her.

***************

"OK so have you got everything Mom?" I ask,

"Yes I think so Este." Mom replies as she opens the car door,

"Oh and Dad I've like entered the park's address into the GPS for you."

"I know my way around thank you Este." Dad tries to remind me.

"Yes Dad. Mom make sure Dad follows the GPS directions so you don't get lost."

"Don't worry honey." Mom smiles at me,