Searching For The Truth Part 14

"Mom staring at the phone isn't going to make it ring." I tell my Mom when I walk into the kitchen,

"It's been two days Este, why hasn't Detective Manu called us back? What could be taking so long?" Mom asks me,

"Well mmm let's see they have to probably search for the girl you said was Danielle and then I'm guessing once they find her I don't know, talk to her, check her DNA you know the usual stuff police do." I say patting myself on the back for taking note of all the police shows I've watched over the years. "And that all takes time Mom."

"But it's been two days."

"Actually it's been nine years, if it really is Danielle a few extra days of waiting won't kill us." I say trying to lighten the mood.

"I don't like the waiting, I've been waiting so long Este."

I hug my Mom tightly, "They'll ring when they has some news okay. You just have to wait a little bit longer."

I make coffee for myself and my Mom.

"Thank you honey."

"So got any plans for today Mom?" I ask,

"No I think it will be best if I stay here to make it easier for Detective Manu to contact me."

"Ah you do know he can also contact you on your cell right Mom."

"I...I...I'm staying here Este." Mom tells me,

"OK well is there anything you want me to do today for you?"

"Yes could you post these letters for me and grab a few things from the grocery store?" Mom asks,

"Yeah sure thing, make a list of what you need and I'll go get it." I tell her,

"And two of your father's suits need to be collected from the dry cleaners."

"OK post office, dry cleaners and grocery store I think I can handle all that." I say as I plant a kiss on the top of my Mom's head, "I'll be back."

I make my way down to Alana's bedroom,

"Hey I've got a couple of errands to run for Mom this morning so I can give you a ride to school if you want Lonz." I explain as I enter my sister's bedroom, "And I've made lunch for you today."

"What errands? I thought Mom wasn't working today." Alana replies, as she takes the paper bag I hand her.

"She's not, but Mom doesn't want to go anywhere right now, well that is not until she gets a phone call from the handsome Detective Bosquet." I explain, "And the errands are just the grocery shopping and a couple other small things."

"K. What's in my sandwich?" Alana asks looking inside the bag,

"On the Haim menu for today you have got two PB and J sandwiches, some chocolate chip cookies and a banana." I tell her, "Now hurry up and finish getting ready, I'm leaving in five minutes."

"Thanks for making me lunch and for a ride to school but I'm still working on this book report so I'll catch the bus after." Alana replies,

"Okies suit yourself," I tell her, "Well then I guess I'll see you tonight, have fun at school."

***************

Danielle and Zooey meet up before school and enter the front doors together.

"Wow you guys are like celebrities now," Sophie laughs as she runs up to them, "Everybody's talking about how good you were on the weekend, I'm so sorry I couldn't be there."