She wants to Shine. (Chapter 9)

Chapter 9

            Iris sat alone in a diner smoking expensive cigars while Elvis blared through a jukebox, you could tell what the theme of this restraunt was, Waitresses wearing skanky uniforms carrying coffee with them everywhere passed by her booth. She realized how boring her life was without her parents setting up benefits to go to.

            She heard the little pitter patter of the rain as she silently wished that there would be an armed robbery in the diner so she could join some type of charity for robbery victims and that would help her college resume.

            She took a puff of her cigar and looked around; she heard ringing over Viva Las Vegas and hoped that it was her parent’s calling to apologize or her Boyfriend Andrew Vaveor. She checked the phone and it wasn’t a call actually, it was a text from one of her best friends Johnny Wilkerson, the text read:

            Hey Babe, What happened I haven’t talk to you in a while and by in a while I mean like 3 days but, I heard about you and your parent’s fight, Gosh I’m sorry Iris if you ever need anything  just call me and I guess I’ll see you at The Mint Sorbet Launching party tonight.

            The Mint Sorbet launching party…. The Mint Sorbet Launching Party She thought to herself, the name sounded so familiar but her family had been a part of hundreds of campaigns and benefits that she couldn’t remember all of them, and she usually liked to get really drunk so she wouldn’t have to remember sitting alone and listening to cheesy thank you speeches.

            After a couple minutes of trying to remember what The Mint Sorbet Launching party was for, it finally came back to her. When she was a Softmore, last year, there was a lot of talk about some upcoming Hollywood Starlet that was already going pre Britney Spears anyways, she wanted her own perfume and I guess she had some pretty powerful connections and found out that the Iris and the Johnny’s were one of the richest families in New York City so she called they’re families and now against their will, they had to be a part of this shit smelling perfume that was called Mint Sorbet, even the name sent her mind churning angrily. Liana didn’t want to be a part of it because she knew with a crazy Hollywood starlet and a perfume line wouldn’t mix together.

Iris let out an exaggerated sigh and responded quickly, hoping one again that an armed robber would come burst through the door.

            Hey Johnny Babe, Ugh the Mint Sorbet Launching party sounds like such a drag. Thanks John John you never fail to make me smile, I miss you we should skip school and go to Japan again for a month. Do you already have your tux, because I have about 7 hours to find a dress that will outshine the fact that the perfume smells like shit and that I don’t want to be there.

                She stood up and left  a hundred dollar bill under the napkin dispenser, even though she didn’t really order anything a nice lady complimented her outfit, so that was enough for her. She didn’t want to go to Barney’s because she knew that about everyone was going to Barney’s to try to outshine each other.

            She walked on the stone covered streets of The Lower East Side, she was rarely ever in this horrid place but she needed individual attention today, and she knew this was the only place she would get it. She heard the ringing of her phone and anxiously read Johnny’s text.

            Forget Japan, let’s go to Russia this time! I know, if it took a year to get a perfume up than there is something wrong with you, at least we will get to hang out got a while though. I already went Suit shopping and I have to go present some kind of award to Ryan Secrest and I’m texting you from the green room, Jessica Alba says hi .I’ll call you as soon as I’m done and we’ll drive there together.

                Iris stomped her jeweled silver stilettos against the stone street as she read his text, she jumped out of the way when she saw the beautiful white horse that was pulling a carriage passing her, She stumbled onto a bus bench as her heel broke in half letting out a storm of cuss words as she got up and started walking barefoot holding her shoes.

            She had made the mistake of parking her car way down the street, she wasn’t going to be seen walking barefoot in the Lower East Side, what would people think?!

So she quickly found the fastest bridal shop. Iris enjoyed being in bridal shops, the pretty dresses and the great service usually had her in a good mood, but it seemed like nothing was going to put her in a good mood today.

“How May I help you?” A middle aged woman croaked, her voice was really low and raspy she could tell the woman was still suffering from the 70’s.

“I just broke three hundred dollar heels so, I need shoes and I need a dress and jewelry for a party I’m going to in less than 8 hours.” Iris said putting emphasis on every word.

“Let’s get started.” Was all the women said and Iris liked the fact the women didn’t give her a your crazy look and tell her to leave.

Well, it worked. Iris and the Women had sorted through literally hundreds of dresses for 4 hours until they had finally found an A-line Floor-length tulle party evening dress that was painfully beautiful to look at, and it was elegantly simple to wear. They had also found a 14k Gold Tennis Bracelet and an amazing gold flower necklace that had pearls hanging from each flower.

She took a look at herself in a dirty mirror, she would definitely shine tonight.

(Oh and the pictures are from dressfeeling.com and I don't know if me will gets in trouble for using their picture lol.....Hope you liked it, I love you all) <3