Maternity Leave

Maternity Leave

The working mummy will be wanting to take some maternity leave, before and after the birth of bubs, it gives her time to prepare for the upcoming arrival and afterwards, has that much needed bonding time with bubs, it can be for as long as the mummy needs, 3, 6 or even 12 months.

the baby: baby is putting on a lot of fat now and his skin is less wrinkled, baby's lungs are developled to the point that he would likely to survive if born today, baby now weighs about 1 - 1.2kg and is about 36 -40 cms long.

14th April 2014 (28 weeks and 2 days)

Summer's POV

I have been on strict bed rest since I was discharged from hospital, which was a week ago. Doctor Baker made me stay in there for five days, to be absolutly sure Brax and I were safe enough to leave. Matt has been great, and today I finally got him to go back to work, which he did with protest. In the end, I won and he went, but has been texting me every five minutes.

Today, I'm heading in to work to go on immeadiate maternity leave, as per my doctors orders. I wasn't planning on taking them for another four weeks, but now I have no choice but to start it now. Matt and I decided, that i will head back to work in the new year, when Brax is six months old. 

"You do realise that you have to see Hayley, she's taken over from Mel for the next two weeks." Katie said as she made me a cup of tea. She came over earlier, just to visit, more like ordered by my husband to check on me.

"Yep, that's why you're coming with me." I smirked, and she groaned, she hates Hayley as much as I do. Yep, Hayley, Matt's ex-girlfriend, is my replacement Director of nursing, how she ended up with that position is beyond me.

"Do I have too? she's the reason I switched to A&E, so I didn't have to see the ugly troll." she whined and placed my cuppa in front of me and sat down with hers. 

'Yeah, it is nice not seeing her, she doesn't come anywhere near the NICU, either." I sighed, taking a small sip of my tea, I've worked in the neo-natal intensive care unit for four years now, I love it and I hate it. With working there and knowing how crucial it is to keep Brax inside my belly as long as possible, I am going to do anything to make that happen.

"And yes you do, otherwise I'll deck the bitch." I laughed, as much fun as that would be, I can't.

"Fine, like I have a choice in the matter." she chuckled and rolled her eyes dramatically. 

"I don't even know what Matt saw in her, she's a bitch and very high maintenence." she said, while pulling her phone out of her handbag after her message tone went off.

"We all have that one ex, where we don't know why we went there in the first place, she just happens to be Matty's." I laughed, god, my ex was a nightmare, I must have been blind drunk during the whole three months we were together.

"It's just unfortunate that we have her working at the same hospital." she said texting either her husband or mine, they don't trust me one bit. Hayley transferred to the hosptial where Katie and I work, about two years ago now. I knew who she was when I saw her one day at work, because she used to stalk Matty, even when we started dating.

"You would think she would let it go, they haven't been together in over four years." she said shaking her head, with her faced scrunched up.

"I know, it's a bit sad really, but a least she keeps her distance, more so since that christmas party." I chuckled and Katie nodded, then she looked out into the distance with a grin on her face, probably remembering that awesome night.