Chapter 1.

Ariana POV

I might be quiet, but I know a lot. Ariana Marie Brown is my name, and I'm 17 years old with dark brown, almond shaped eyes, and kinky shoulder length hair. I was mixed with black and a slight pinch of Indian. My dad is a self paid CEO and brings in money but it's not the money that I care about. My brother Raji is 18 and is currently residing in Los Angeles, California. I am fully aware that he's in the cartel but I can't control him. He joined the cartel when he was 15 years old and was later sitting on top of the thrown he once bowed to. When he relocated to Los Angeles to do his thing, I sat back and began planning out mine.

My close friend Keara is like the sister I've never had. I had another friend but she also moved out to Los Angeles. I currently attend Miami Bay High School and I only have one year to complete until I'm on my way to NSU, and I couldn't be happier.

"Ariana come down here please." I heard my mom's subtle voice call quietly from downstairs breaking me out of my train of thought.

"Coming." I replied getting up from my bed and making my way out into the hallway. I walked down to the living room hearing low whispers, which stopped when I came into view. I didn't have one of those hard working fathers who never came around, just one who I wouldn't see this early on week days.

"Okay what's going on?" I asked with my eyebrows slightly raised.

"Well we have to fly out to Los Angeles." My mother said and I nodded.

"Okay." I continued with a smile that quickly fell when I saw the looks on their faces.

"Whats wrong?" I asked anxiously.

"Your grandfather died." My mother and father said simultaneously.

"What?" I questioned with a pang of hurt exploding inside of my heart.

"We're moving to Los Angeles." My father continued. I nodded slowly and looked down at my feet.

"Ariana you should get packing, we leave within the next couple days." My mom said, patting my knee.

I nodded and walked back upstairs and into my room, collapsing onto my bed. It was crazy how I'd just spoke to my grandfather two weeks prior and now he's gone. I didn't know what to think, or even what to say so I did what I was told to do, and I began to pack.

****

<> Pharaoh.