xxvii

I waited in a booth at a coffee shop while texting my dad and waiting for Calum.

My dad and I were making plans for him to come to Melbourne with my stepmom for Thanksgiving as Calum slid into the booth next to me.

"Sorry I'm a bit late, Michael was being a bit of a drama queen today." Calum said.

"It's fine." I said with a laugh.

"How's it been going? I haven't seen you for a few days."

"Fine, I guess. I'm still a bit down but I'm feeling better."

"That's good."

"How have you and Sofia been doing?"

"Sofia and I- Well- we have our differences."

"What do you mean?"

"Sofia and I met through some mutual friends and first we just started of as a thing to get over some stuff and then I was pressured into a relationship for publicity."

"Do you actually like her?"

"When we first started dating I despised her. She can be annoying at times and we have our differences but there's something there I guess."

"Andy and I- we were really good friends. And we never ever imagined it would be something more until one night something clicked and the day I woke up in bed with him. Him and weren't those kind of people. We didn't sleep with people and leave the next morning. So, we decided to make it work and along the way we found something."

"He sounds great."

"Was great."

"What happened?"

"Promises were made and broken. Something threw us apart and changed us forever."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Maybe another day."

"Sofia and I have been having problems. She does this thing where she gets majorly jealous and she loves to pick fights and find reasons to get pissed at me."

"Are you guys fighting right now?"

"Yeah. I've been considering breaking up with her." He said and looked at me.

"Why?"

"I'm not happy." He said and scooted closer to me.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I made a mistake."

He put his arm around me and I put my head on his shoulder.

"And I'm gonna fix it."