xxx

I walked up the stairs to my apartment where Calum was waiting for me.

When I reached the door Calum was waiting patiently for me.

He smiled at me as I pulled my keys from my bag and unlocked the door.

I walked in and set my bag down on table in the hall and took my boots off.

Calum closed the door as I walked into the kitchen and began to brew some coffee.

"I broke up with her." Calum said.

I looked up at him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm happy." He said as he approached the kitchen.

"Good. That's great. I'm happy for you Calum."

He was leaning on the kitchen counter in front of me while staring at me.

I pulled out two coffee cups and set them out on the counter.

"Thanks."

"You don't seem happy though."

"I know."

"I'm sorry."

"No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you behind when I went to New York. I'm sorry for not keeping in contact during tour. I'm sorry I never visited you when I came home, Hadley."

"You know. The night Andy and I slept together, I was at a party. Mikah told me I needed to forget about things. I did."

"Hadley-"

"I hadn't seen Andy in a bit but we were still good friends. Just lost connection after high school. I slept with Andy to forget about things. I dated Andy to forget about things."

I sigh and looked at the coffee at machine.

"Until I started to feel something. Andy and I had both had issues. Love was a concept we knew of but took very sensitively. We loved each other but we never told each other. Until he slept with another girl back home."

"I'm so sorry Hadley."

"He made a promise that he wouldn't never hurt me and leave me. And he did. Even worse, he got the girl pregnant."

"Wow."

"You don't have to be sorry, Calum. What he did was awful, I know."

"Hadley, I never meant to hurt you."

"It's okay."

"No-"

"Tell me Calum, how are you happy, but don't seem like it at all."

I turned around and Calum pulled me to him.

"Because I could be happier." He said before pressing his lips to mine.