Finding the mansion

Randy entered the house, only to see his mother in a cloud of smoke "Are you okay mom?"

"Yeah I'm fine." Rae, Randy's mother, coughed a bit before glaring at the cake making machine she was trying to perfect "but I swear Randy! I will never get this hunk of junk to work, I'm giving up on this project!"

Randy smiled, placing his game in his McPad "you always say that mom, but it never stops you."

"Well, this time I mean it!" Rae crossed her arms and began pouting at her machine.

"Come on, mom! You have to continue working on it! You will be able to fix it and you will get number one at the fair tomorrow!"

Rae's eyes softened "you really think so?"

"Think so?" Randy crossed his arms, "I honking know so!" While exclaiming that Randy's arms shot into the air and he waved them a bit.

"You're right Randy!" Rae sauntered over to the machine, her screw driver in hand.

"...Mom, am I weird?" Randy questioned, watching as his mom tinkered with the machine.

"Weird? My son?" Rae finished tweaking a few things before backing away "I have never heard of such a thing! What would make you think that?"

Randy sighs before leaning his elbow on his thigh and resting his head in his hand, "I just feel like I don't belong, and I don't really have anyone to talk to other than Howard."

"What about that Theresa girl, she's pretty cute."

"She is, she is also stuck up and rude! Mom, she is not for me."

"If you say so." Rae examines her piece of machinery before turning it on. The two watched as the gears began turning, nervously backing away. Rae began to eagerly jump when she saw everything was working perfectly, her sons encouraging really must have helped. "It's working!" Rae happily threw her arms in the air.

"It's working?"

"It's working!" The two began laughing as they hugged each other.

"You're totally gonna get number one in the 'baking up a future' fair!"

Rae squealed and let go of her son "I'm so happy!" She continued to bound up and down.

After that, Randy helped his mom attach the trailer to their car, and mount the cake making machine onto the trailer. The two happily waved at each other before Rae set off, unknowing of the things she will go through.

"I think I'm lost..." Rae muttered to herself, looking around the unknown road "this is what I get for using my old gps." Rae stopped the car when she saw she was at a crossroads. After a while of thinking she decided to go down the dark road, thinking it was a short cut.

After driving down the rundown road, she noticed a pair of headlights following her. She shrugged it off, thinking that it was just another competitor from the convention. She kept that belief for a while, before she noticed even when she's made a wrong turn they would follow her. Surely they would know how to get to the fair on their own.

To see if her suspicions were true, she purposely ignored her gps and went down the wrong path, becoming scared when she saw they followed them. Afraid of what they might do, she slammed her foot on the gas pedal and lurched forward as her car sped off. Looking behind her, she jumped when she saw the other car was following suit.

She should have been looking at the road, if she was, she would not have ran into the tree. She gasped for air, due to the force knocking it all out of her, and stumbled out of her car. She stood up, seeing the other car right in front of her. She dashed into the dense cluster of trees that littered the sides of the roads, no car could get pass them. She heard a few voices yell and car doors slam shut before the sounds of following footsteps were all she could hear.