d i e c i o c h o

"Hello?"

"God dammit Vivian! Where the hell have you been?!"

"Asher? How did you get my number?"

"Work, obviously where else? Back to the important question, where have you been?"

"What do you mean? I've been right here."

"You didn't call the Taco House for an entire week. One. Whole. Week."

"I was busy."

"Too busy to order food? I call bullshit. What did you even survive on?"

"Cooked, Asher. How else?"

"You can't cook."

"Grandma can."

"Your grandma is an old ragged woman who forgets to wear pants at times and drops her false teeth in the toilet on various occasions. What do you take me for, an idiot?"

"How was your date?"

"My what?"

"Your date. The date you left work early for a week ago."

"What the.. How do you know about that?"

"I called the Taco House, just as I always do. Or did. Some guy answered. You didn't even bother to tell me?"

"Is this why you're mad at me? Because I went on a date?"

"And didn't tell me."

"Viv, believe me. If it was up to me, I wouldn't have gone."

"What do you mean?"

"My best friend, Jake, likes this girl who wasn't agreeing to go on a date without her best friend. He was after my life to double date and after an entire week of persuasion, I finally agreed just for his happiness. He really likes her. And just because he went through all that to convince me, I was sure he was serious about this one."

"Why didn't you tell me this?"

"To be honest? I was scared of your reaction. I didn't want this to happen."

"Did you have fun?"

"Oh hell no. It was probably the worst date of my life, the girl was such a stuck up bitch."

"Really?"

"Yeah. The whole time I was thinking about you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, you. How I'd rather be at work on the phone with you or be on a date with you."

"Asher..."

"I like you, Viv. I really, really like you. It's insane, I know. We've never even met but I feel this strong connection. Hell, I've never felt this strongly about any girl I've dated and here you are, making me feel strange things before I've even laid eyes on you. All I look forward to everyday is your phone calls. I took up extra shifts just in case you'd call any other time than your usual. This past week was the worst, I can't even describe how much I missed you. Your voice. Your laugh. Your weirdness. God. What are you doing to me, Vivian?"

"..."

"Viv..."

"I-I don't know what to say..."

"Tell me you feel the same way."

"I do. I really do. Asher, you don't know how stupid and crazy I've been thinking of myself because I've been feeling this exact way for quite a while now."

"You're not crazy nor are you stupid."

"I like you. A lot."

"I like you, too."