Unlucky In Love *Chapter 2*

*Song of the day is Good Girls Bad Guys by Falling in Reverse. It doesn't relate to the story, But i'll post it anyway. I love it <# Niki* "I just wanna kiss your lips, the ones between your hips" <---Real line in an epic song. Click play over there to hear it ---->

Chapter 2

His stance is flawless. His face unblemished, only marred by years of anger and resentment. He tries to smile at us, before he recognizes me.

"You're the girl from the ice cream shop." He sounds bored, as if it were just a statement. Little did I know the scowl from earlier was probably the result of his parents telling him about me. I just nod in response. How could I be at such a loss for words at this moment? The moment that was dependent on me speaking. Never have I been so silent in company, so I suppose that is why Kayenna and Dellan are throwing awkward glances my way.

"I am." I nod and he eyes me carefully, looking at me up and down. At first it seems as if he's checking me out, but his eyes are more scrutinizing than anything else.

"Dexter." He holds out his calloused hand to me. I take it and shake it.

"Crecentia." He nods, his crimson hair staying perfectly in place, covering his forehead and part of his face.

"I know." He sighs and shifts his bag from one hand to the other. I look to Dellan and Kayenna who just shrug.

"Why don't you show him to the guest house, Cree." My father prompts. I glare at him momentarily and nod.

"Dexter, if you will, the guest house is this way." I turn on my heel and begin to walk towards the kitchen in the west wing of the estates. We walk through the large, open, kitchen and through a door leading to the garages. I take him up a flight of stairs to the garage apartment he will be staying in. I stand at the door while he observes his new surroundings. I watch him take in the small leather love seat that faces a mounted plasma screen T.V. He gazes at the kitchenette and nods, approving of the dark counters and small mini fridge. His bed sits at the end of the room, a tall, dark, California King. Dexter looks up at me, a small smile playing at the corner of his mouth. He scowls as he notices me watching, and he puts his bag near the bed.

"You may leave now." He says. I raise an eyebrow questioningly.

"Excuse me?" I scoff.

"I no longer need you here. You may leave." He waves his hand at me.

"I'm sorry, for some reason you appear to have thought this was your home for a moment. I think you need to look around buddy. This is mine. My life, my belongings, my fame. You will not tarnish it." I say much more calmly than I feel.

"You must be mistaken, girl. This is your fathers home, his money, and his fame. Respect that, because I have a feeling you wont be having it for much longer. Seeing as how you will be married to me. Once that happens you will be lost to everyone. Do you really even think your daddy loves you?" His quiet words are harsh and rude. They hit the only remaining soft spot in my heart.

"Oh, I'm sure he doesn't. At least I know he trusts my judgement enough to choose my own spouse."

"And what do you think I am? All this trust he has for you? What is it if he's forcing you to marry me?"

"It's the company. Sorry to inform you, but he does trust me. He trusts me to make my own decisions, and he knows the company isn't one of them."

"Leave." he spits, clearly offended by the fact that I think his parents don't trust him. I do what he suggests and walk down the stairs, leaving him with only the sound of his front door slamming into the frame.