Chapter 11 - My Next Romance

When I got home that day, my dad has just finished talking to a client on the phone. He seems pleased to see me home earlier than I used to in my old school.

"Brandon, son, well I am glad to see you. Maybe the new school has given you a new, fresh and positive breath of air. How was it?"

"Not so cool but I could get by it. They put me in Dramatics as my Elective and that is the worst high school experience. How could a jock like me act? I need to talk to the P.E. and Sports person of the school."

"That's your choice, Brandon. Told you that you were in a good position in Blue Ridge."

"I know right but I need some adventure and I want surprises everyday."

"Okay, son. But hey, Krizzia called 3 times. What happened to you guys?"

"Well, we are only friends right now. There has been a problem and I didn't like what happened. I just called it over for the both of us and who knows."

We were in a good conversation when Elizabeth just came in screaming on her cellphone.

"No!!! Hindi puede yan!!! That can not be. That can not happen. Never!!! The case was close and that's it. We have put the real criminal in jail. Peter will not be happy about this. You need to do everything in your might to stop reopening the case. Dapat nyong pigilan yan!!!", then she put the phone away.

"Elizabeth, that is not healthy for the baby. Just calm down."

"THat is not right!!! One causal group headed by pro-bono lawyers is reopening the case against the trafficking in our taxi business."

"But that was like 5 years ago," my dad said.

"Then Efren is in Chicago and Noel is in San Diego--- they can not go back in here for the reopening of the case."

"Oh well, we can't do anything about it if they wanted to."

"That case has been buried and the real culprit is in jail."

I remembered this case of Elizabeth's brothers. They were running a taxi business before and one of the vehicles were used to smuggle drugs and some illegal firearms. That one vehicle is used by one of their drivers who is in prison now. He was convicted to be in prison for 20 years. They found out that he have not done it once but several times in a year. All that I know that after that happened, her two brothers went to the US as tourists and up to now stay illegally there. That means if they come home, they are already banned to go back to the US.

"Honey, calm down. That is not good for the baby. You should not think about stressful things and cool down. If they are reopening it, so be it. They have already the real criminal in their hands."

Sometimes I always think that there is something fishy about that case. I am only concerned with my baby sibling in her womb. If she's not pregnant, I couldn't care less at all if they opened the case again.

***********************************************************************

When I am alone in my room again, I thought about that dancing girl. There is something about her that I need to know----the sweetness and the toughness of her character when she dances amaze me and intrigue me. But then, behind my mind, I think about what happened to me and Krizzia. WE hit if off so quickly and if there will be a next girl in my life, I will make sure that I will really do it slowly but surely---and maybe I will find a keeper next time.

Hopefully......