Chapter 3 -The Break Up

"What the hell is happening to you, Brandon? You can't just leave me in there. I am your date! You could have told me you're leaving and not just leave me with Cristopher to take care of me. I am not just a random date you took because we need to have a date--I am your girlfriend!!!"

"Krizzia, leave me alone. I am going home. Stop nagging me about things I didn't even do. And what was that all about? You've been telling everyone that we had some wild nights in the jacuzzi. What will your parents say about me? Hell, Krizzia, even though I grew up in America but I do know your culture in here."

"I..I am so sorry Brandon..please give me another chance. I just don't want any other girls to get you. You're every girl's dream in campus to be their boyfriend and I don't want you to be their friend.....we belong to each other."

"Not a chance now, Krizzia, because we're through!! As in end...finito...no more chance."

Upon hearing my words, Krizzia ran back inside crying. I felt there's something in my hand that I wanted to give a blow on the post near the post. I wasn't able to control myself and I punch the wall of the telephone booth. It left a little dent. Suddenly, I heard a frightened sigh in one of the benches in the lobby. I looked at her and kind of not seeing much of her face because it was a little bit dark.

"I'm sorry po. Natakot kasi ako pero okay lang. Di ko kayo kilala, di nyo rin ako kilala, parang wala lang po akong nakita o narinig. Di ko po kayo nakitang sumuntok diyan sa telephone booth at nasira.At isa pa english yun di ba? Di ako nakakaintindi ng malalim na english. Sige po goodnight."

I might have frightened her that she ran away. She dropped her larnyard with her work badge on the ground. She works at Cyber Hide Out internet cafe. It was too late, I can't see her anymore in the street.

As for Krizzia, maybe I wasn't sure of her at all. It was just the thing of having a girlfriend and having an idea of what every young guy has--a girlfriend. But what really is the sense of having a special girl in your life? My mind and my heart don't reject the idea--it's just that it was so early for me to decide that Krizzia should be my girlfriend because I want to today, but I just don't have that "thing" you feel for a girlfriend. With me and Krizzia, it was just imposed because everyone supposed to have one, but because you like and you love that person. I maybe the worst person in the world at this time, but yes, Brandon is the meanest person of the hour tonight.

In short, I realized tonight that I don't love Krizzia at all.