Chapter 15 - Life is Complicated

After that surprise event with Lisa in the storage room, I decided to just not to hide again. I guess Tanya could just be annoying the more I avoided her and maybe I just also have to face Krizzia and not run away from her. I enjoyed those surprised encounter with Lisa. She's a tough girl and it would be cool to be her friend. But sometimes I just can't get through her. Or just I need to reach out more in a perfect timing.

******************************************************************

My newly found friends in the swim team are enjoying the pool in our condo. I brought them over after class today.

"Imagine mo pare Leo, katropa na natin si Brandon?"

"Ngayon lang ako nakapasok sa mga katulad nito." , Don said.

"Hey guys, we did a great job today. Remember, it's all about stamina in the water. The more we stay longer under water, the more it will help us. For the meantime, this week, we will work on that then next week, we will try our country clubs lap pool."

Then there were cheers from the group.

"Brandon, can we hang out for a while?"

"Sure, Jeff. Feel at home."

WE were all jumping, diving and swimming ---enjoying ourselves in the pool when...

"What's the meaning of this? And who the hell are you to invade our condo!!!! Out! Out! Out!!!!"

My evil witch step mom.

"Elizabeth, you don't have to shout at them. They are in my swim team."

"Oh and it's you who are making decision in this household now."

"I told dad about this and said it was okay. "

"Well, I am not gonna approve!"

"And why would you have to approve everything? I can bring anybody I want in here just like I always did."

My friends just pick their stuff and bade goodbye to me. I was so upset to talk to them that I just wave my hand to them.

"Wait guys...I will go with you for a while."

Elizabeth was so furious and if it's not for my sibling inside her womb, I don't care blowing it off to her the whole night. I don't care what my dad thinks either.

"And where do you think you're going, Brandon?"

"I will go wherever I want to go just to leave this crap.!!!"

"Brandon, you will not go......come back in here right now!!!"

I slammed the door behind my back.

*****************************************************************

"Ala e Jepperson, mayaman yata yang skolmet nyo. Nakakahiya naman tong bahay natin", Jeff's mom was talking to her son quite doubting about keeping me for a night in their home.

"Ma, nakakaawa naman po siya. Yung madrasta niya, parang gusto naming ilagay sa zoo...parang tigre kasi."

"I will be fine, Mrs. Delgado. THank you very much for accommodating me."

"Our ples is so smol."

"It doesn't matter how small, as long as you have a big heart."

"Tenk u, tenk u..for the complimentary message."

"Nay, okay na po kami." Jeff assured her.

"So u are half-half....?"

"Yes I am half-filipino, half-american."

"O that's why you have that pogi fez. You no ip jepperson's pader did not make me buntis...a este preggy..you no...one cold night...ay naku, censored na yata to...u know..i no u no...dat ting..mmm...man en woman unayt then dey will hab a bebe. Yun, i hab mered a britis. He is hansam like u mebe."

Jeff's mom is hilarious.

"Ma, ano ba yan? Matagal yata na usapan yan at kinakalkal mo pa ang kasaysayan ng ating pamilya. Matulog na po kayo. Ako na ang bahala kay Brandon."

"Ok, Brendon..ay will go to sleep na to da oder room ....a este wala pala kaming room. Dyan o..ober der..in the korner wid my oder kids. Good night."

"Good night, Mrs. Delgado."

The Delgados live in a single room house where everything is there----living room, kitchen, dining room and bedroom. The only room that is separated from the house is the bathroom. They are a happy family. I heard the father works overnight in the fishing port and comes home only every weekend.

They let me use their one and only bed in the house which I refused a moment ago when I saw Jeff's younger brother and sister. But then, they insisted and even gave me all of their pillows and an old blanket.

I was awake half of the time the rest of the night. I just can't take Elizabeth anymore and maybe getting away from them for a while will help.

Now, my life is just so complicated.