Chapter 13 - The New Swim Team

"Hello Brandon!!! How was your weekend?"

Oh no, not again. Tanya blurted out across the hallway. Then everyone looks my way. I need my invisibility cloak please. I smiled back dryly at her. I am just contemplating for an intervention right now.

"BRandon?" Coach Geganto called. I immediately turned his way.

"Coach , good morning."

"YOu seemed to be in a good mood today."

"I just want to thank you for saving me."

"Saving from what?"

"No..never mind."

"Can I have a bit of your time? Let's get into my office."

You just didn't know how much you save me, Coach Geganto. Tanya such a sweet girl but I don't want that kind of attention everytime she's around. She is so loud.

"I heard that you are in the swimming team in your former school. The reason we don't have a swimming team here is that we lack facilities like a lap pool at saka students here came from poor families, so the best access they have for swimming are the beaches and rivers."

"I understand, sir."

"WE focused more on popular team sports and some individual events that require less funding. Pero I know na isa kang asset...if you don't me talking in tagalog."

"I sure can understand some tagalog Sir. That's fine. "

"It is our goal here to really hone in everyone to the best of their skills and I want to ask you if you have somewhere to practice if we do participate in the swimming competition in the coming Division Meet."

"WE have a lap pool in the country club and I also swim in one of our condo in a midrise in Alabang. In fact, we don't have a lap pool in Blue Ridge--- most of the guys in our swimming team are individually trained but if the competition is close, we basically go to a lap pool available around town with our coach. Of course the school finance the rent."

"WEll, ang mangyayari, Brandon is that you will be your own team. I read your record that you're best in individual medley, so we could put you in that. My wife is also a swimmer when she was in her high school, she could be helping you. Kasi meron na akong soccer pero I will stand as your coach but she will be there to assist you."

"I suggest also Sir that maybe we could recruit 5 more if you want to. I will be the one taking care of the practice if that's okay."

"THat is so great, Brandon! Yes, we will post it and maybe send out permission slips to parents. How's that?"

"Let's do it, Sir."

"THank you, Brandon. I appreciate your help." So this is a responsibility on my back but I am on it. Never did I feel so excited. So at the end of the day, I have 6 students in front of me----6 guys in my team.

" My name is Henry...."

"Ako naman si Greg"......

."Tomas".......

."Leo"......"Jefferson"...and

....."Don".

"GReat!!!WElcome to the swimming team!!!!!"

Good luck to us, I said to myself.