Chapter 35

**Melody's P.O.V**

After the encounter yesterday, I haven't gotten any sleep what so ever. Today's the big day. What ever happens today impacts the rest of my life. I can't do this. I have to. Holy crap. I don't know what I'm going to do.

If I don't save Josh, that man AND Hilary will still be out there. He said he would leave me alone but I highly doubt that. I would never be able to really be with Josh again. No kids, no marriage, no husband, no life. Hopefully he would leave me alone.

My other option?

Save Josh, but live in constant fear worrying for both of us.

I'm done living in fear. I have to do something. I'm done being selfish.

Five hours until the trial. Five hours to figure things out. Five hours to hopefully not screw up my own life.

***********************

I take in a breath before knocking on the door.

"What are you doing here?" Hilary asks.

"I need to talk to your brother."

"Why?"

"It's about the trial, I've made my decision."

"Whatever." she snaps.

She leaves without another word. Soon, her brother enters the room. Just seeing him sends a shiver down my spine.

"I have a proposition for you." I say bravely.

"Go on."

"Hear me out. What if I can pin the entire thing on Josh's ex. girlfriend Faith? Hilary stays out of jail-"

"And?"

"And I'll be your personal sex slave." I say.

His eyes widen in shock.

"No strings attached. Let Josh go free, you can use me. The only thing I ask is for you to use protection."

Am I actually doing this?

"Well in that case, you have yourself a deal."

"You need to leave Josh alone, forever."

"As long as you obey me, I'll leave him alone. But so will you."

"Deal." I say in a shaky breath.

"Now uh, how about you give me a sample." he smirks eye raping my body.

"Not until Josh is free. Then you can have me all you want."

"See you in court." he winks before slapping my ass.

*****************************

"I can do this." I whisper to myself as I enter the court room.

I look over just in time to see Josh to be escorted into the room in handcuffs. He looks over at me as his handcuffs are being unlocked. He is then guided to sit beside me as the trial begins.

"You're going to be free." I whisper,"I promise."

He smiles slightly.

"No matter what happens, I love you."

The trial progresses as normal, introducing the case, the defendants and whatever else. Now it's time for me to present my proof.

I discreetly grab Josh's hand and give it a reassuring squeeze before stepping up to the platform. I feel Hilary's brothers eyes on me with every move.