Chapter Twenty-Five (End + Alternate Ending)

Chapter 25 

We stood on Ivy’s front porch, hand in hand. Ivy pulled the door opened and squealed.

“Oh my god I knew it! I told you! Eeeep!” She yelled, pulling us into her embrace.

I laughed, and Danny appeared behind her.

“Yay!” He grinned. “You came!”

“Yes, I did. I was at school, wasn’t I?” I stuck my tongue out.

“We wont be pulling anymore disappearing acts,” Derrek grinned. “We’re here to stay.”

I loved how easily he opened up to my friends. There’s no way he’ll ever reach our level of insanity and non-magical mind reading, but maybe he’ll come close. 

Ivy opened the door more, and we stepped in. I was surprised to see Bastian sitting on the couch. 

“Bastian?!” I laughed.

“Aurora! What are you doing here?” He asked.

“I think that question is better aimed at you. Ivy and Danny are only my best friends in the world.”

Danny glanced at me curiously, “how do you know Seb?” 

“Don’t call me that,” Bastian growled.

Danny looked amused, “I’m sorry Sebby Webby,” he stuck his bottom lip out, creating the world’s best puppy dog face.

“That’s unfair,” Bastian called.

“What’s going on here?” I asked Ivy.

She always knew.

“That was Danny’s date to the dance,” she replied in a ‘duh,’ tone of voice.

I remembered the night he came to pick him up. 

“Oh my god! How did I not recognize you?” 

“Masquerade masks?” He suggested.

“Fair enough,” I responded. 

Ivy, Derrek and I joined Danny and Bastian on the couch. 

“So, Ivy. How are things with Drake?” I questioned.

“Good.”

“Just good? It looked much better than good at school,” Derrek supplied.

I laughed, “Derrek!”

“What? Tell me you don’t agree.”

“You’re right,” I pouted. 

He smiled triumphantly. Ivy brought back five Cokes, and handed them out between us all. 

“Why isn’t Drake here?” I asked Ivy, thoroughly surprised.

“Oh, he’s with family,” she began. “His cousins are visiting.”

I nodded, and sat there in a comfortable silence with my friends. Used to it being just the three of us, things already felt different. I was happy to have Derrek and Bastian with us, don’t get me wrong. I’ll probably be seeing Drake a lot more, too. Change isn’t always bad. If anything, it brings you closer to the ones you truly love. 

“What are you thinking about?” Derrek eyed me curiously. 

He was so ridiculously hot. How did I get this lucky?

“Life,” I smiled. 

He pulled me closer to him. I glanced at Danny, who had Bastian under him in a fit of giggles. I was glad Danny had him to tickle, now. Out of the three of us, I was the most ticklish. They loved ganging up on me. Ivy was watching with an amused glint in her eye, and Derrek had his eyes on me.