Chapter 5

Ik weddings are pretty cliché in these types of stories but deal with it

"Your brothers wedding is tomorrow," my mum informed me, shoveling food into her mouth, a spot of ranch caught on the corner.

"And?" I asked, already knowing the information. She only laughed.

"And... you should bring Daniel!" A bright smile lit up her face. I nodded, making a mental note to text Dan about it.

---

Dan accepted, even though he was obligated to seeing as I was paying him simply for these sorts of things. I wouldn't require much, just hold hands and stand close and everyone will be happy and content.

Thinking about the wedding actually made me sorta happy, I didn't actually like Dan but he was attractive. I could show him off, in some sorta Trophy Boyfriend sorta situation (I aim to be your eyes, trophy boys, trophy wives ~10 points of you get that~).

Dan was slightly ticked off over the fact that it was on such short notice but he got over it. The next morning he met me at my house, a small suitcase by his side. He ran a hand through his curly hair, a blush creeping up his neck.

"I woke up late and didn't have time to straighten it," he said quickly, trying to flatten it down. I chuckled, taking his bag from him.

"It looks fine, Dan," I assured, watching the guy who I thought was always overly confident worry about the way his hair looked. He slipped into the passenger side of the car, and I the drivers seat. The first thing he did was turn on the radio, Muse already being on from the night before.

A wide smile filled his face and he laughed, "Muse?" He questioned with joy, leaning back.

I smiled in response, "only the best band ever."

Dan closed his eyes. "You made me get up early for this," he yawned, shifting, "how dare you."

"At least you're getting paid," I reminded him, he cracked a smile.

"True, maybe I should up the price for holding hands and touching? Make a little more money off this stupid wedding trip."

"For fucks sake."

"What can I say? I'm a money whore," he replied with a cocky smile.

"Well then, Dan, what's the most you'd do for a few hundreds?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, I glanced towards him, seeing him chewing on his lip.

"A few hundreds?" He leaned back, "I'd let you do anything for a few hundreds."