Chapter 18 (plus a quick note)

Before the story starts I'd like to make a quick note. What happened in the last chapter wasn't consensual. And consent is a big deal. Please remember that establishing consent is important.

Louise stared at me from across the couch, I sat cradled by myself, looking at the ground.

"Dan you need to tell someone," she said quietly.

"I'm fine, its happened before."

"But it shouldn't have happened before," she replied, leaning forward to rest a small hand on my knee. I looked up, meeting her eyes for maybe the first time since she'd arrived.

"I can't break up with him."

"Why?"

"He's paying for my mom, Louise."

"Maybe it's time you let her go too." I shifted away from her and Louise bit her lip, "Dan..."

"I know," I interrupted her with a nod, "but I can't."

She nodded, "what are you going to do about Phil?" I hadn't thought much about Phil, I don't even think he'd want to talk to me after this, let alone want to pay me.

"He probably doesn't even want to see me," I shrugged, "probably thinks I'm a cheating dirtbag he doesn't want to be associated with."

"You weren't technically dating," Louise replied, I looked up.

"I had flirted with him, I made out with him, and god I would've fucked him if he paid me enough. We weren't actually dating, but I still cheated," I replied cooly, sighing.

"You know that technically prostitution is illegal, right?" Louise smiled slightly.

"So is rape."

Louise went silent. She pursed her lips together in thought before moving her hand to her own lap, "Dan, I know you like to go with the flow and act all cocky, like you have everything under control, but you don't. We both know it. Yesterday is another example of when you didn't."

I looked to the ground and back to Louise, "I need the money, Louise."

"I know you do, but Ashton is not the way to go, Dan, I'm worried about you, you don't act that same around him."

There was a knock on the door and for a split second I thought just maybe it could be Phil. Louise looked at the door with a panicked expression. I got up to answer the door, Ashton leaned in the doorway.

"You left me this morning," he said in his 'hey babe' voice, a voice I've learned not to trust, I nodded dumbly before he looked over at Louise, "ask her to leave?"

I threw a glance at Louise, who looked at me, waiting for me to stand up for myself. I looked over at Ashton for a second, his hand coming up to my back gently before nodding at Louise.

"I think you should go home, Louise."