Chapter 7

I took his hand and led him out, waving to my family. Dan was considerably more drunk than me, probably because he didn't eat much dinner and drank instead. His nose was light pink as he yawned, rubbing his eyes tiredly. I let him get into the taxi first before moving into the seat next to him.

Dan immediately gravitated towards me, wrapping his long arms around my left one and tipping his head on my shoulder.

"Are you comfortable?" I joked, after giving the taxi driver our hotel name, Dan nodded sheepishly, like a tired child.

"I drank too much," he commented, cuddling even closer, I chucked.

"Just don't vomit in the taxi."

"I'm not that drunk," Dan snickered, but suddenly he got quiet, his breathing deepening. I laughed quietly before shifting to a more comfortably position, his head in my lap now.

I waited until we had arrived to wake him up. He sat up groggily, taking my hand and stumbling out of the cab. Some how, he seemed to be more drunk than when he had fallen asleep.

Dan draped one arm around my neck and tipped his head back, taking deep breathes of the cool night air, "it smells good," he smiled for a moment, looking over at me, "you look good," I let out a chuckle, thanking him before I began dragging him along with me to get to the hotel room.

Once inside, he sat down on the bed, staring at me. I paused for a moment, looking back at him confused. Dan's behavior was totally random at the moment and it was hard to predict what he was going to do next.

"Mind if I sleep without a shirt?" I asked, he shook his head, not taking his eyes off me. Dan's stare made me hyperaware of everything I did, I slipped off my suit jacket first, draping it on a random chair before turning away and dropping my eyes to the floor. Once I had slipped off my shirt I picked up two hangers and hung them both up before turning back to Dan.

"You should go to bed," I laughed, he looked down at his shirt and brought his hand up to the buttons. They shook terribly and every move he made was inaccurate, finely he slipped off his jacket and began to crawl up into bed.

"Dan," I chuckled at his drunken attempt, "come here."  He crawled back towards me and sat up on his knees like a child, waiting for me to assist him. I unbuttoned his shirt and slipped it off for him, walking over to the side of the bed to pick up his jacket and hung them both up. He slipped off his pants and handed them to me as well. I took off mine and yawned, crawling into the other side of the bed.

Dan rolled over more towards me, tangling our legs, "can I kiss you?" He asked quietly, I tilted my head.

"How much will that cost me?" I replied, he chewed on his lower lip.

"Free trial," I looked at him in the dark lighting, he looked tired and drunk. My head told me no, but one kiss wouldn't hurt. So I leaned down and connected out lips, Dan sighed into it, Dan brought his hand up to my cheek softly, attempting to deepen the kiss, his lips were chapped and he tasted of alcohol, but sweet. Reminding myself he was drunk, I cut it short.

Dan dropped his hand and set them on my chest lightly, I shivered under his touch before whispering a quiet, "Goodnight."