Chapter 21

A soft hand was running down his warm stomach and Phil smiled into the fabric he laid against. Someone's head was nuzzling into his chest and he did the name with his nose into their hair. It was slightly dirty but he didn't really care.

Phil fluttered his eyes open and let them rest on the brown mop of curls under his nose. Dan's soft hand motions stopped and he shifted beneath Phil, pushing his head up to meet his brown ones with Phil's before smiling slightly.

"Goodmorning," Dan greeted in a deep voice, untangling his legs to stretch them out but not ready to fully commit to leaving Phil's grasp. His eyes were half open and smile sleepy, lips pink and nice. A small simple created a crater in his pale cheek.

Phil's eyes were wide and break, awake with life. His own hair was messy and sticking up in all directions, head tilted down to look at Dan who began to wiggle from Phil's warm grasp.

He slowly slid from to safety to straighten his shirt and run long fingers over the purple bruises on his neck, silently deciding to call in sick to work. Phil eyed him up, not completely sure where they stood in terms of relationship as he stood up. Dan took a step forward, placing a hand on Phil's jaw gently as he met his eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked in a soft unsure voice, filled with tired, Phil gave an equally tired nod and let himself be pulled down into the others warm mouth for a second before stepping away.

He began his walk to Dan's room to grab yesterday's clothes and change back into as Dan followed behind, leaning into the cream doorway to watch Phil pick up his pants and turn the right way in and slip them on, still wearing Dan's boxers as his were unusable. He slipped on his shirt and wondered if he should leave now.

Dan didn't really want him to but he didn't know how to object. The doorbell rung and and Dan's eyes widened quickly in panic. Phil watched, allowing Dan to push him into the closet with three rest of his black clothes.

Ashton stood in the door, a rare sight. Ashton didn't show up at Dan's house uninvited usually, but then again, Ashton's been doing a lot of things he wouldn't usually after finding out about Phil.

His fist move was to grab Dan and pull him into a kiss, nails lightly digging into Dan's jaw as so but Dan didn't complain. He closed his eyes, letting Ashton's chapped lips push into his own until he had Dan pushed away and was walking through the house. Dan followed him around helplessly, not sure what his goal was.

As he walked through the house he made his way into Dan's room and picked up Phil's boxers, Dan took a step into his room and watched Ash inspect them before looking at Dan with anger.

"Who's are these?" He asked, throwing them at Dan. Phil held his breath as he listened, ears hyperaware to every little sound. He lightly bumped a jacket and cringed at the noise of the hanger scraping against the hook.

Outside the closet, Dan hid his shaking hands, "mine," he answered in a small voice, picking them up from the ground where he'd let them fall and throwing them into his hamper, Ash looked at him with confusion and doubt.

"Why is there-" he began, his overall angry demeanor falling ever so slightly after realizing they weren't anyone else's.

"I had a wet dream," Dan lied, feeling his cheeks heat up even with the thought of that happening. Ashton snorted.

"What are you? 15?" He asked, taking a few step forwards to give Dan a softer kiss than when he first came in and Dan felt a dull want in his chest. This was the Ashton he had started dating, before the money, before Phil, everything was normal. Phil was a better version of old Ashton, but Ashton was different now and Dan hated him. After a soft laugh, Ashton got out his keys and swung them around a finger, "let's go get lunch, yeah?"

Dan's eyes darted to the closet for a moment before nodding, "yeah."

When Dan and Ashton had left, Phil let himself escape the closet, looking around the room almost lost feeling. He thought Dan hated Ashton, but he almost seemed happy to let Ashton take him out, or maybe that was just so Phil would have time to escape.

Phil grabbed his boxers and left.