Chapter 13

I knocked a few times before stepping back from the brown door, it opened fairly quickly to a red eyed, scruffy hair, tired looking Dan, who smiled happily and opened the door wider.

"Glad you could make it," Dan laughed as if it was the funniest thing he's ever said and threw himself on the old couch in the middle of the room. The apartment was old and everything was cheap looking, "welcome to my lovely home, which I hope you are very excited to be a part of."

"I am," Phil smiled, making his way to a red chair next to the off white couch.

"Good, now we've gathered here today for a special occasion," Dan took a short laughing break before standing up and walking to take a seat in Phil's lap, "it's my moms birthday!"

Phil stayed quiet for a moment, staring at Dan confused, "happy birthday?" Phil asked uncertainly.

"Oh don't tell me, tell her."

"And how can I tell her?"

"Well you can mosey right on down to that hospital on north avenue and go straight into room 435, just like I did this morning, but watch out, she might not respond and the nurse will have to drag you out because your crying too loudly and 'disturbing' her."

Phil stayed silent, staring at Dan who continued to talk right through a smile.

"You know, I don't even know why I'm getting all this money to help her, she's the one who shot herself any way."

Dan threw his head back and laughed, letting his feet dangle over the other side of the chair, Phil only stared at Dan in surprise.

"You're making money to help your mom?"

"Well yeah," Dan replied, as if it was the most obvious thing ever, "why didn't you tell me? I would give you more if you needed it."

"No thanks."

"Is that why you wanted me to come here Dan?"

"No, I just didn't want to be alone, thanks," Dan wrapped his arms around my neck and put his head in the crook of it, "I'm gong to sleep now, okay?"

"Okay."

Dan fell asleep almost instantly, I decided to stand up, which was probably the most activity I had done in awhile, carrying the bigger, but younger, boy bridal style, i managed to get him to his bedroom and set him down before removing his skinny jeans, knowing Dan wouldn't want to wake up with those and a hangover.

Once I got Dan settled I stood back of a moment, looking at Dan. I was going to leave but I sorta wanted to be there when he woke up, just in case he needed comforting or something along those lines. So I ditched my shirt and jeans and crawled next to him.