T H R E E

"How come you never told me you got a dog!" I cried as the American Shepard came running up to me.

I dropped my bags getting down on my knees my arms wide open to love on the black and white ball of fur running towards me. But to my dismay it ran right past me and jumped on Tate.

"So not cool." I mumbled getting up and dusting my jeans off.

Tate laughed pushing the dog down. As he finished grabbing my bags from the back of his truck. After she was done saying hi to Tate she gladly came up to me.

"What's her name?"

"Sis." He replied as he started to carry my bags into the house.

Which Sis and I followed him in. I hadn't ever been in Tate's house before. He'd told me about it and sent me pictures for my opinion when he was building it. But I never would come visit because I was always afraid of running into Cody. But now I have no choice. I couldn't miss my own brothers wedding.

I took a set on a couch and let Sis rest her head in my lap as Tate took my bags down a hallway.

"Hi Sis. Your so cute. Yes you are." I said scratching her ear. She seemed to enjoy that.

Maybe April was right. I should get a dog. I pulled my attention from the dog to admire Tate's house. Old western, touch to it just like the Clarke's. Except for there isn't the sound of kids running around and pots hitting each other as May and Hasley were busy in the kitchen.

It wasn't a huge house either a quaint little three bedroom two bathroom house. Perfect for a newlywed couple. I could tell Courtney pretty much lived here to as scattered around the house were items that definitely were not Tates'.

Jackets and shoes in a corner, a few magazines that I know for a fact Tate would not even think about looking at set out on the coffee table with a pair of small hooped earrings. The house looked lived in and I found it hard not to be jealous.

I looked to a wall in the family room I was in were Tate had pictures all over it. Multiple of him and Courtney. And some of him and the Clarkes because after all that should just be his last name.

"You like it?" He asked coming back into the room his hands on his hips as if he was proud of everything he had to show off to me.

Which in fact he did, I could deny the fact that even to this day I am jealous of Tate's choices and I envy him everyday for choosing what he wanted to do with his life.

"It's cozy." I nodded as I got up and crossed the room to a pair of screen doors towards the back of the house.

My eyes widen at the view, still as pretty as the last time I had seen these mountains. You could over look all of the fields and pastures of the ranch and in the distance the small town of Kelton. I could even see the Clarke's home and another house a little bit away from that.

"Tate who's house is that?" I asked turning slightly pointing to it.

Tate looked a little uncomfortable as he scratched his neck and replied.

"Cody's. Which reminded me-"

Cody's.

Cody's own house, I knew it would be inevitable to see him again have to hear about him again, hear his name but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I had to change the subject I had to avoid the pain and uneasy feeling that started to fill my body when my mind drifted to him.

"So let me see this ring in person now. I mean I know it's gorgeous I helped pick it out with pictures but pictures I'm sure don't do it justice." I rambled on cutting him off as I took a seat at his bar.