Dynamite....

Chapter 14

Lidia's POV

The sun was already shining in my face when I wake up. I look around at Tara, Ryden, and Will all of us look less red. Now we just look like we've had a bad tan. I stand up and move all the left over weapons in the Cornucopia around so I can get to the entrance. Outside I see that all the snow has melted and flowers are starting to grow. The Game makers must be messing with the temperature. The Career cabin still seems calm, but we have to leave before they wake up. I walk back over to everyone and wake them up. The all looked dazed at first, but eventually get up.

“Lets get the left over weapons and leave” I suggest. We grab anything that could injure some one.

“Hey, Lidia take a look at this” Ryden said.

I walk to where hes standing and look at what hes pointing at. On the ground next to an ax is a pink stuffed teddy bear. We both look at it for a second and then burst out laughing. Everyone comes over to us and soon start laughing at the teddy bear, except for Will.

“What kind of a weapon is that suppose to be” Tara says through her laughing.

Will bends down and grabs the teddy bear and puts it in his backpack. Everyone’s laughing immediately stops and it turns into an awkward silence. Everyone keeps there eyes on Will as he leaves the Cornucopia.

“What kind of help will that bear be?” Ryden asks.

We all shrug and head back to picking up all the weapons, and then follow Will out. We get out just in time because as soon as we make it to the edge of the now snow-less woods we hear movement coming from the Career cabin. We start running and decide to get away from that cabin. Ryden and I set up some traps for food along the way. By the time we set enough traps and get far away from the Career cabin and found a safe spot its already night time. We start setting everything up and get a small fire started. We're all sitting by the fire when Will comes with the teddy bear.

“Hey! Everyone take a look” He says. I look and on the back of the teddy bear is a zipper. Will slowly unzipped the bear, and inside are four giant sticks of dynamite. All of our mouths dropped as we stared at it. Ryden is the first to speak up, “What do you think we should with it?”

“I think we should keep them, you know just in case” Tara said.

“We should use it on the Career cabin just blow it up while they're all in there” Will suggest

“Wait, we can't do that my brother will be with them.” I say, but without another word Will walks off. I hope he wasn't planning to do it anyways. I keep a close eye on him the whole day, but he seems the same except for his depressed face. I know I'd be like that to if I ever lost Jess. We continue the whole day just picking up wood for a fire and setting traps for food. Soon night fall comes and we all settle in to sleep. I pick the spot next to Will just to make sure he doesn't do anything drastic when we're all asleep.

*********

I wake up feeling refreshed after a nice sleep. I look around and everyone else is still asleep except for Will. His stuff is even missing, but most importantly so is the stuffed bear. I walk in the woods in a tip-toe motion hoping that no tributes are around. I already know in which direction Will is going toward. I start to feel the anxiety get to me and start running as fast as possible. In about thirty minutes, I can already see the clearing with the Cornucopia and the Career cabin. I don't dare walk out into the open, where there are no trees to conceal me. Instead, I walk around the edges of the trees until I can see the side of the cabin. There’s still no Will in site. I tip-toe to the little window of the cabin and sneak-a-peak inside, and there nothing just two sleeping careers. It was hard to tell if one of them was Jess.